• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Jim Weaver`s Yellow Lightening Habanero.

Thanks to Ajijoe for this wonderful pepper.

Frankly, calling this a Habanero makes light of how damn hot it is. This is up there with Nagas and Bhut Jolokias in terms of heat, at the lower echelons of the superhot peppers.

The flavor and aroma are really excellent. Very, very fruity and sweet, with a dilute chinense-type aroma and flavour. However, this pod is HOT. 

I like this one a great deal. It has such a great look to it and the flavors are lovely, but the heat is something that really deserves respect. Initially the heat is hidden, lulling you into a false sense of security. And then. all of a sudden it cracks you over the back of your head and takes your wallet. Watch out for a yellow lightening rod using your credit cards, it really is that mean!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awdY5CLXAyE&feature=youtu.be

oh yeah good one there mate!!

your a real trooper as I never at one straight up but in sauce I know there hot, this one popped up from last year I did not intentionally grow it this season but I didn't know what it was until it fruited

these peppers where developed by JIM WEAVER a Mennonite farmer from Kutztown Pa and a very close personal friend of mine he is also the developer of the original strain Peach habanero and Mustard habanero, He also happens to be the father of Jay Weaver creator of the Red and Peach Ghost Scorpion, its safe to say they have quite a pepper creating lineage and a wonderful operation with there 75 acre farm, they host a field excursion the week of the Bowers Pa Chile fest and these are in his field every year

this is only one of 5 color variations in what Jim penned it as "LIGHTNING MIX"
they come in
PEACH
MUSTARD
RED
YELLOW
CHOCOLATE

from what I gather the Chocolate is the hottest

THESE PODS MAKE FABULOUS SAUCE!!\

yes these pods will take your lunch money and leave you crying on the cafeteria floor!!! LOL ;)

im growing the Mustard variation this year

thanks again Nigel again wonderful review and didn't mean to almost kill you again lol :fireball:

thanks your friend Joe

I had no idea these are so hot, I was hoping for lower on the Scoville scale. I'm hoping for peach and chocolate.

On a totally unrelated note.. . I have fed my mom pieces of pods including moruga and brainstrain all season.... fed her a piece of a chocolate bhut tonight (tiny piece) and not only was it the first she's ever spit out but it actually made her throw up.... I felt bad lol. Anyway that genetically, the brown chromosome does correlate with more heat?

illWill said:
I have about 6 of these growing. 100% germination rate from baker creek! No idea on color yet they just started flowering
good to here sometimes germ rate can be low on the Peach and the Mustard types, you wont know which is which til they ripen
unless you know for sure what seed you have, I sell the seed in the mix and separate

your going to love these

thanks your friend joe

Nigel said:
Yep, the chocolate one was hotter. Review up tomorrow!!!
yes my neighbor can tell you this one, she lit up like a Christmas tree, but she loved it!!

cant wait to see it

thanks your friend joe

I bought them as "Lightening Habanero Mix." First pod

1453378_610301999026405_1849552555_n.jpg

Nigel said:
Yep, the chocolate one was hotter. Review up tomorrow!!!
Dang! You are one pepper eating machine.  You should have the Guinness World Record in more reviews than anyone back to back. And I mean real reviews, and not just the U-tube taste, spasm and puke reviews.

ajijoe said:
oh yeah good one there mate!!

your a real trooper as I never at one straight up but in sauce I know there hot, this one popped up from last year I did not intentionally grow it this season but I didn't know what it was until it fruited

these peppers where developed by JIM WEAVER a Mennonite farmer from Kutztown Pa and a very close personal friend of mine he is also the developer of the original strain Peach habanero and Mustard habanero, He also happens to be the father of Jay Weaver creator of the Red and Peach Ghost Scorpion, its safe to say they have quite a pepper creating lineage and a wonderful operation with there 75 acre farm, they host a field excursion the week of the Bowers Pa Chile fest and these are in his field every year

this is only one of 5 color variations in what Jim penned it as "LIGHTNING MIX"
they come in
PEACH
MUSTARD
RED
YELLOW
CHOCOLATE

from what I gather the Chocolate is the hottest

THESE PODS MAKE FABULOUS SAUCE!!\

yes these pods will take your lunch money and leave you crying on the cafeteria floor!!! LOL ;)

im growing the Mustard variation this year

thanks again Nigel again wonderful review and didn't mean to almost kill you again lol :fireball:

thanks your friend Joe

Were can someone buy seeds to these peppers?

Back