• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Penny's Glog....sort of :)

Hey everyone,

I've been posting away in other people's Glogs, and I thought it was time to show off my gardens, so its not really so much of a Glog as it is pics....if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it to the appropriate spot Mods...

Sorry....couldn't resist......LOL........
Super Hots Canada said:
Nice setup :) .. how irritating do the kids on the other side of the fence get? lol

Not as irritating as the high school kids that go by the front of the house. ;)
PrimeTime said:
Very nice Penny! What do we have growing here?

Well shoot.....when I added pics to PB I didn't put what was what....ooops! ;)

So.........once I figure out what I will be growing for 2014, I'll use this as the actual glog to post in....thanks for looking everyone. :dance:

Penny said:
Not as irritating as the high school kids that go by the front of the house. ;)

I can easily believe that.. Even back when I was a teenager I still couldn't stand them. My friends had a great laugh at that when I was around 16-17. "Uh, dude.. you're a teenager." - to which I would retort, "I stand by my belief." lol

Nice setup you have there Miz Penny... I especially like the raised beds. What kind of soil do you have in them, and do you do anything to improve the soil from year to year? Peppers are fairly heavy feeders, and growing in the same spot every year can deplete the soil if you don't keep up with it every year. Now's a great time to do that... especially if you add things like shredded leaf mulch and green manure... they can be layered on top, and have the winter to mellow and work a bit, then you just mix them in before planting. Much cheaper than buying fertilizer in the spring. Good luck with your future season!

chilli whisperer said:
Lol I'm a teenager...I wouldn't be eritating.just a pest..
I'd walk past your house and steal pods..mwahahaha :P (just as a joke lol)
What variaties you growing Penny? Looks super nice!

The hottest that I've grown so far is a peach habanero and a few others, only my husband and I like hot peppers, so that's all I grew but will be expanding to others in the new year. ;)

I've been mostly growing mild peppers, to a medium heat, such as the Ji Num.

Back