• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Raspberry Brainstrain Jam

Raspberry Brainstrain Jam.
This turned out awesome! I made 5 full 8 oz jars that I canned and a half jar for immediate pleasure.
This had awesome, sweet Raspberry flavor then the heat smacks you in the face!
If you can't stand the heat then GOTK!

24 oz Raspberry's
3 7 Pot Brainstrain Peppers
3 tbsp Pectin
3 1/3 cups of sugar
1 tsp butter to control foaming

not only it LOOKS yummy 
i can actually taste it from here 
Terry (Buddy) sent me two jars of raspberry jam made with naga morich. it was crazy good. 

Orcmie said:
I’m thinking of doing a similar strawberry bhut jam.

What did you do with the 7pots? Chucked them in whole? De-seeded? Etc.
i would say remove the seeds for better flavor and less bitterness 

Orcmie said:
I’m thinking of doing a similar strawberry bhut jam.

What did you do with the 7pots? Chucked them in whole? De-seeded? Etc.
They were frozen so when I thawed them they were too mushy to slice so I smashed them in with the raspberries seeds an all.
PepperLover said:
not only it LOOKS yummy 
i can actually taste it from here 
Terry (Buddy) sent me two jars of raspberry jam made with naga morich. it was crazy good. 

i would say remove the seeds for better flavor and less bitterness 
With the Brainstrain and the raspberries I didn't have any bitterness that I could taste from the seeds. I did have the flavor of the brainstrain though, and I really like that flavor.
I'm thinking of making some Strawberry jam with your Primos as soon as they show up. Yummmm!!
Nigel said:
Great looking Jam.

Only 3 Brainstrains??? I`d have put 33 in there............ :crazy:
First time so had to test the heat. I will probably go to 5 next time. I don't think 33 would be edible. lol :rofl:

Justaguy said:
Would love to know your process.
I have a Jam and Jelly maker that I bought at Walmart for $94. It basically does all of the stirring. I take my fresh raspberries and smash them a little with a potato smasher. I did the same thing with the peppers. You add your pectin in first then your berry mixture and let it cook for 4 min. then add your sugar and let it cook for another 17 min. While this is cooking I prepare my jars for canning and then pour it into my jars. They stay fresh for at least a year. The recipe I use is up top in the description. The tsp of butter helps to keep down foaming. There are lots of how to videos on youtube if you don't want to buy the mixer that I bought. What I bought is called the Fresh Tech Jam and Jelly Maker.    

The 3 tbsn of pectin, is that added while cooking or is that the kind you add after cooling?  The Jam looks awesome, thx for sharing. 

Buzzman19 said:
The 3 tbsn of pectin, is that added while cooking or is that the kind you add after cooling?  The Jam looks awesome, thx for sharing. 
I put it in first and then my berry's on top of it. I always put in a tsp of butter to help keep it from foaming.

Back