2 New Flavors of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Now Available!

I'm thrilled to announce that the Lucky Dog Hot Sauce product line has grown by 2 flavors!!  

A slight departure from the Fire-Roasted product line, both of these are "lightly smoked" sauces. I love smoked hot sauce, but when it's too smoky you lose the subtlety of the garlic, onions, and fruit undertones.  At home in my hobby batches I've been able to lightly smoke peppers - not "smoke cooked", just a 10-20 min infusion of smoke to add a note of flavor. With commercially smoked pods "subtlety" just isn't possible. So for the last year+ I've been experimenting with smoked sea salts, and I've been extremely pleased with the results. A 100% natural smoked product, smoked sea salts allowed for fine-tuning adjustments until I achieved what I thought were the perfect levels of smoke. 

Now, on to the product descriptions! 

Purple Label: A tangy hickory smoked Jalapeño sauce, naturally sweetened with carrot, apple & fig - lightly smoked and super delicious. This is the 1st non "pepper blend" sauce I've put out and I'm extremely pleased with the results! Review from JayT coming soon! 

1480767_10151991478645340_622652372_n.jpg

Pink label: A tangy hickory-smoked Habanero/Serrano/ghost pepper sauce, naturally sweetened with Bartlett pears and California figs from the Coachella valley. The applewood is extremely subtle in this sauce, but opens up on food quite a bit. Nice lip burn and tremendous flavor from the pear/habanero combination. 

1470263_10151991478650340_13262956_n.jpg

Both of these sauces are 100% fruit-sweetened and have zero (0) cane sugar! 

Both now available at my website here! 
:woohoo: 

Thanks for the time folks!

Scott Z
Hot Sauce Guy
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

Ps - a note to chileheads - my heat ratings are intended for the "average consumer". My extra hot sauces are high-medium/hot to most chileheads due to your sometimes ridiculous tolerance to heat.  I too have a good tolerance, but to the majority of the general public my Purple Label is "hot!" - those pesky jalapeño, always lighting people up. :rofl:  Just wanted to make sure no one feels misled by my heat indicators. The Pink Label will indeed leave your lips burning from the ghost peppers, but it's nothing like an extract sauce or a superhot purée sauce. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Enjoy!

And please do let me know what you think!

:woohoo:

Ps - as the 1st THP-er to order I sent you a bonus bottle of Red Label. 
:D
Thanks!!!!!   :dance:    Never had the red label.   I will chime in with my thoughts of them  

I ordered the 4 pack sampler before, and I love the garlic but they are a little too garlicky for the Mrs.  How much garlic is in these two new ones?

Thanks,

Ben

poypoyking said:
I ordered the 4 pack sampler before, and I love the garlic but they are a little too garlicky for the Mrs.  How much garlic is in these two new ones?

Thanks,

Ben
Not as garlicky as the others - but it's there?

Ooo!  Sounds Good!  iBurn has a couple other things I want, I'll order through them in a couple days. 

:rofl:

Glad you like the two new one sic!

They kind of have opposite effects - the Purple stars hot but mellows, and starts with a big hickory note that mellows on food,

Pink gets hotter as you eat more, and the applewood starts mellow but opens up on food.

Let me know how you like them once you've thrown some on a meal! The Purple makes an epic steak sauce!

Back