• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Bhut Jolokia leaves yellowing with brown spots.

So I am a newcomer to pepper growing, I live for spicy foods and I enjoy fresh peppers, and had alwas been eager to get my hands on the Bhut Jolokia. Earlier this year I was given two "Pepper in a can" sets and set out to start growing them once the weather became favorable. When the weather began turning cold I gave the single plant that grew to a neighbor who had a rather nice set of ultraviloet lights set up in their garage to keep with the other plants. Without my knowledge, they switched the lights out for something less powerful, that keeps a regular temperature of around 40 degrees. The plant was watered once every 2-3 days, but when I went to check on it today, I noticed that a couple of the leaves had begun to yellow with small brown spots scattered over them. The bulk of the leaves have als fallen from the stem, just leaving a few at the top, (which I am not certain is normal, I'm guessing not) Either way, photos are provided in the following link: http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/RealTsavo/library/?view=recent&page=1

Poor light and cold will make the plant shed leaves to conserve energy. The plant should be fine. I would consider repotting for next years growing sesason.

temperature of around 40 degrees is to cool, at 50F I had plants leafs fall of this spring when I first put them out.   Even if lose all the leafs  it can be ok from what I read as long as it doesn't get tooooooooo cold.  

Back