• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

A couple from when they first started.
20130913_095638_zps15c74bc8.jpg

20130913_095647_zpsf9fccb4c.jpg

20131021_194739_zps62d7ce05.jpg

A little bit later.
20131029_061452_zpsc7aa978d.jpg

20131029_061503_zpsc2b4ae21.jpg

Most recent. Looks like the scotch bonnets are fixing to put on a couple flowers.
20131129_191259_zpsd8e42710.jpg

20131129_191355_zps978710bd.jpg

Thanks ever since I moved them from 3 inch to 6 inch pots and put them under the t5s they have started growing rapidly. Im still battling those pesky fungus gnats though.

Outdoors, in 3 gallon pots, I used hydrogen peroxide with great success in treating fungus gnats. Do a google search and check ratios of H2O2 to water. Hang a fly strip for the adults.

It hit them with a concoction of mosquito dunks and water the other day. And a light spray of h2o2 this morning we will see what that does. Ive gone through at least 4 fly traps over the past few weeks. They will dissappear for a little while and then return in force.

I have this same issue on all three plants. I'm not sure if its fert burn as ive only given them a very dilluted mix of tomatoe food and fish emulsion, or maybe just the ferts that are already in the scotts potting soil. The fungus gnats are gone for now I dont know if they couldve caused this damage. No sign of other pests under the loupe. What do yall think?
Fatalli

Scotch bonnets.

Alright quick update. Noticed all three are rootbound but will pot up this weekend. On a positive note one of the flower buds popped open today.

Hey 'Tex' - your seedlings looking good.  Those T5s will do the trick, for sure.
Your are off to a good start with your first grow; good on ya for starting a grow
log.  Welcome to the glogosphere!

Indeed you are, 'Tex!

Your grow is looking good; the
copious budding is awesome.

Six days later we have this!!

My only concern is we are going out of town for a couple days and I havnt found a decent timer. I bought a brinks digital 7 day programmable and cannot figure out how to get the damn thing to work properly. So I went and bought a dial timer in a hurry and it only stays on for 8hrs and then cycles off for 24. No bueno.

Back