vendor Texas Creek

Couldn't find a topic in here for Texas Creek, so thought I'd start one to relate my great experience with them. Having never tried their products before, I took advantage of salsalady's mfrb deal posted on here recently as a means to try quite a few different products for a great price. Unfortunately, USPS didn't take very good care of my package, and when I received my box the jar of pickled jalapeno's that was supposed to be part of the box was shattered. Everything else (including some bonuses) arrived safely in the box, yet when I let salsalady know that my box arrived safely other than the USPS damaged jalapeno's, she immediately offered to make things right even though it was no fault of her own. 110% satisfied with the customer service shown!
As for the products themselves-all I can say is wow! I still haven't tried everything I received yet, but what I have tried has been top quality! The jalapeno seasoning salt, ghost fire hot sauce and chipotle bbq sauce I received are quickly becoming like crack for me. I can't get enough! The tropical ghost hot sauce glaze also made a great addition to some grilled shrimp last night. 
Will definitely be ordering again. Top quality products, and outstanding customer service as well!

Scoville DeVille said:
Ann rocks. Period.

And I have been telling her for years that her BBQ sauce should come with a syringe and some rubber tubing. LOL
She sure does! And I agree with the bbq sauce. Grilled some pork chops seasoned with her jalapeno seasoning salt, slathered them in the chipotle bbq sauce near the end, let the sauce caramelize, then served. Best grilling I've ever done, hands down. 

Scoville DeVille said:
Try it on nicely blackened hot dogs... It might not sound glamorous but it is heaven. I shit you not! Also killer on pulled pork sammiches.
Dammit! Now I need wieners! And also need to learn how to smoke butts on a charcoal grill. 

Well, thank you for the kind words!  I'm stoked you're enjoying the goodies.  I have a feeling that jalapeno seasoning salt might have to come into the product line-up. 

:lol: @ Scovie.....  I am well stocked on syringes now...just not sure how well they'd work with BBQ sauce.... :)

(just to clarify- needles for insulin~~~) :cool:

Scoville DeVille said:
Ann rocks. Period.
And I have been telling her for years that her BBQ sauce should come with a syringe and some rubber tubing. LOL
2nded on both counts.

And as terrific a person as you'll ever come across on this blue marble we all call home. Not to mention the hoards of people who've benefitted from her vast reservoir of knowledge (and uncommon amount of common sense) in the cooking, food safety, and business topics.

Much love and mad props to Ann & Texas Creek. :cheers:

Everything I have had from my Texas Creek MFRB aside from something I believe was called Red Super Hot Sauce (hey, at least I'm honest) or something like that has been AMAZING!  I am definitely impressed.  Even my sister who doesn't really like it hot REQUESTED some of the jalapeno seasoning for christmas.... if you have some, please hold it for me Ann!  I need to make another order ASAP!

No worries about being honest, illWill.  Not every person will like/love every product.  I'm glad you like the rest of the goods.  I do have some more Jalapeno Seasoning.  It sounds like that item might have to become part of the regular inventory. 

And thanks, SZ, I had help when I started, gotta do the same for others.

Agree with LDHS on the people benefiting from her knowledge in food safety and cooking. The hot sauce 101 thread helped me immensely with my 1st year making sauce. 
Going with illWill's comment, I received the same sauce in my box but haven't tried that 1 yet. I did try the Incinerator tonight though. Splooged like ketchup on fries was a BAD idea! Incinerator is a nice way of putting it lol. 
Would love to see the jalapeno seasoning become a regular item! My wife took an item I make at work with 6 or 7 ingredients, and made it at home with just that and hers came out better than what we make at work. 

Don't get wrong salsalady, it wasn't bad, but it didn't have quite the balance the rest of the sauces I've tried seem to have! The ghost fire hot sauce is AMAZING! It's one of those sauces where you look at the ingredient list and go, WOW, that's it?? Like Aristotle said, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts!!.

<--- Another very satisfied Texas Creek customer! 

I think the Jalapeno salt would be a big hit as a stock item, Ann. 

My TC mixed box has me dosing myself with Evil drops again regularly. 
Kinda forgot how fun that is. 

*OMG* And, the pickled peppers.  Easily the very best I've ever had, and exactly what I want when craving pickled peppers. 
Can't wait to pile it high on a big juicy cheeseburger!!!  I'll be sad when they're gone. 

+10^9 for Texas Creek. 

The pickled peppers and the Jalapeno Seasoning Salt were a result of my chile-farmer people showing up with 80 pounds of fresh jalapenos instead of the 20 pounds I'd ordered.  :eek:  And that was after already processing over 150 pounds of jalapenos and 30 pounds of habaneros.  I just couldn't bring myself to turn them down.  The Rubio family from Brewster, WA are AWESOME farmers.  I buy fresh produce for the salsa from them while it's in season, and also jalapenos and habs. 

I put a bunch of jalapenos in the dehydrator and still have probably 40 pounds of jalapenos.  So...into the brine they went with onion, garlic, and a bit of carrot.  Cold-packed jalapenos.....MMMMmmmmm!!!  Crispy, with just the right amount of vinegar/salt.... 

that....can....happen......;)  :)

might have to work a trade for more of that purple sauce that got scarfed up in about 2 days here in the salsafam household.

:lol:  Thanks JayT!

Everyone's been pretty well-behaved lately, haven't had to break out The Corrector recently.  Or maybe I just haven't seen the threads that need a little Correcting....  :think:

Back