Hello from Hotlanta

Hello Heatlovers!

Just found this site. Very jazzed. I started growing peppers last year with a handful of varieties I got from fataliiseeds.net. I've been into everything pepper, but I was particularly interesting in making some bonsai peppers after a good crop of chinense varieties.

After a humble beginning, I found that growing peppers coincided quite well with a healthier diet. I lost of ton of weight making salsa and spicy egg dishes staples, and now heat has found its way into my diet at least once a day. Jalapeños have become a love of mine, though the humble golden habanero and beautiful purple chiero roxa peppers were the stars of my potted peppers. 

This year I am going to fill a community garden plot with pepper plants (and maybe a handful of tomatoes.) Got the itch.

My bon chi's (not really good bonsais but still a lot of fun)...

jG8wm34.jpg

Thanks guys! I am going to set up a glog soon, though I really won't start planting for a while. You guys got favorite types? GA Growhead, what works well for you?

maximumcapsicum said:
Thanks guys! I am going to set up a glog soon, though I really won't start planting for a while. You guys got favorite types? GA Growhead, what works well for you?
I started some seeds last weekend. As soon as they start popping I will be starting a new glog. Peep in for details then. Or check out this year's if you got time to waste.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Wow, sorry I've been slow to respond! Need to subscribe to my own threads!

MiChris said:
Welocme from Michigan, nice looking plants

Thanks MiChris! I bet growing in Michigan is a challenge... do you have to do long stretches indoors? Got any good technique recommendations?

sicman said:
:welcome: from florida

Sup sicman! Still warm down there I think. Do you have to OW at all?

FeistyParrot said:
:welcome:  :welcome:  :welcome:

Great idea on the bonsai...Hubby thinks that's an awesome idea and has just informed me that he's going to try this too!

Thanks Fiesty! Actually bonchi is what got me into peppers in general. I came across fataliiseed.net's guide and figured I'd give it a shot. Guess I got addicted after that. I got a bottle of your sauce in my cart on iBurn... soon as I fill it up I'm gonna click order and give it a shot!

Penny said:
Hello there and Welcome.

Hello Penny! Thanks!

wayright said:
What part of town are you in

:cool:
Kevin

Hey wayright, downtown. Hate commuting haha! Looks like a nice little cluster of Atlanta growers hanging out around here.

elcap1999 said:
:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Thanks elcap! Nice weather down there.

georgej said:
Welcome! From Tokyo!

Whoa! Tokyo. I bet you got some interesting varieties over there.

DEFCON Creator said:
Greetings from Defcon HQ...

Thanks Defcon! I was in NY until not too long ago. Nice urban gardening options up there!

maximumcapsicum said:
Wow, sorry I've been slow to respond! Need to subscribe to my own threads!

Thanks MiChris! I bet growing in Michigan is a challenge... do you have to do long stretches indoors? Got any good technique recommendations?

Sup sicman! Still warm down there I think. Do you have to OW at all?

Thanks Fiesty! Actually bonchi is what got me into peppers in general. I came across fataliiseed.net's guide and figured I'd give it a shot. Guess I got addicted after that. I got a bottle of your sauce in my cart on iBurn... soon as I fill it up I'm gonna click order and give it a shot!

Hello Penny! Thanks!

Hey wayright, downtown. Hate commuting haha! Looks like a nice little cluster of Atlanta growers hanging out around here.

Thanks elcap! Nice weather down there.

Whoa! Tokyo. I bet you got some interesting varieties over there.

Thanks Defcon! I was in NY until not too long ago. Nice urban gardening options up there!
Just started last year with the super hots. Got some pods but nothing to write home about mostly because I started them too late. This is my first real try at growing them here in Michigan the proper ways (I hope) due to gaining knowledge from all the fine people here.

Back