Hello from Indonesia

Hi everyone my name is Jef, i'm from Indonesia. This is my first year growing chili. 
hope i can learn from lot from this forum :D

Salam hangat! (warm regards)

1268278_10151712405624125_86141999_o.jpg

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

thank you for the warm welcome everyone :) yes we have some nice local chili here, and "hiyung" awarded as the hottest chili in 2012. 

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

Hi Jef,

The only Indonesian chillies we get here are "rawit" and "lombok".

But Indonesian food is VERY popular in Holland, for obvious reasons.

Salamat Makan !

rawit and lombok are also the most popular here besides the "cabe kriting" (cayenne type chili) as "sambal" (hot sauce) is part of our local food 

Selamat makan sambal buddy :D

Jef said:
rawit and lombok are also the most popular here besides the "cabe kriting" (cayenne type chili) as "sambal" (hot sauce) is part of our local food 

Selamat makan sambal buddy :D
Salamat pagi,

There is a large Indonesian community here, and many people of Indonesian or mixed (called 'Indo') descent for historical reasons. There are also many Bahasa Indonesia words in Dutch language (and vice versa).

Basically, Indonesian food is to Holland, what Mexican would be to California or Texas, or what Indian food would be to someone in England. It's something you DO.

Naturally,sambal is very popular here also. There are at least 30 different kinds.

A lot of people make their own sambals.

Sluggy said:
Salamat pagi,

There is a large Indonesian community here, and many people of Indonesian or mixed (called 'Indo') descent for historical reasons. There are also many Bahasa Indonesia words in Dutch language (and vice versa).

Basically, Indonesian food is to Holland, what Mexican would be to California or Texas, or what Indian food would be to someone in England. It's something you DO.

Naturally,sambal is very popular here also. There are at least 30 different kinds.

A lot of people make their own sambals.

Glad to hear that :D since Indonesian always miss the hot sambal when we're abroad, not in holland i guess :)
pepperaddict said:
Hello from the cold and frozen tundra of Wisconsin. Bring on the heat and thaw me out !!!!!!

Hello! You should come and visit this sunny heaven sometimes bro! :D

Back