• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn 2014

Here we go again.  Seems like it was only yesterday.  I've recieved a lot of pods and seeds from great folks here.  THP and those folks are awesome!   I'll be growing most all of them as well as an order I just placed yesterday with Semillas.

I will seriously have to alter my logistics and layout to grow everything and keep it as asthetic but affordable as possible.  Big problems;  I need to trim my front yard trees to get more morning and mid day sun in the back.  I really need to haul in new soil.  Hello wheelbarrow and backpain.  My city is currently in a stage 2 drought restrictions (once a week watering).  I usually water with drip irrigation everyother day until summer forces me to each day.  Barrel collection (which I've been tinkering with for a while) will have to happen.

Here is my list in no particular order.  Seeds and or Fresh pods from; Pepperlover/ Judy, GAGrowhead/Jason, Windchicken/Gary, Sawyer/John, Spicegeist/Charles  Meatfreak/ Stefan, PIC 1/ Greg  Thanks to all!                  
                                                                                               Transplanted to 3x3's;
 ​
Butch T Scorpion /Me
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise/Jason
Peach Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Sepia Serpent/Jason
Bhut Orange Copenhagen/Jason
Peach Habanero/Judy
7 Pot Not Red (Yellow) Barrackpore/Me
White Devil's Tongue/Jason
NagaBrain F3/Gary
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Congo Black/Judy
White Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Bonda ma Jaques X Yellow 7 Pot/Gary-Charles
Brain Strain/Judy
Datil/Jason
Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Bubble Gum 7 Pot #1/Jason
Yellow Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Yellow Bhut Jolokia/Judy
7 Pot Chiguanas/Judy
Texas Pequin F2/Gary-Brian
7 Pot Jonah/Judy
Brown Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Elysium Oxide Bonnet F4/ Me
Tepin X 7 Pot/Charles
MOA Scotch Bonnet/John
7 Pot Burgundy/John
7 Pot Barrackpore/Me
Jigsaw/John
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Cumari do Para/Me
Giant Yellow Brainstrain/Judy
Carolina Reaper/John
Funky Reaper/John
7 Pot Brown/John
Douglah/Me
Chintexle/Charles
Donne Sali/Charles
TFM Scotch Bonnet/Jason
Tepin X Quintisho F1/ Me
Mini-Mini X Purple Flash F1/ Me
Trinidad Chocolate Bonnet/Jason
Trinidad Cherries/Jason
Tepin/Me
Quintisho/Me
Giant White Hab/ Jason
Espelette Basque/ Me
Green Habanero
CGN 23255
Brown Bhutlah
Brown Rocoto
Sara's Green
El Oro de Ecuador
Jalapeno Jalastar
Habanero Naranja Picante
CAP 217 Rocoto
Jalapeno Goliath
Lota Bih
Chiclayo
Jalapeno El Jefe
Yellow Bhut SG
Naga Suomi
Madballs 7 Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Yellow Infinity
St. Martins Red Hab
Miss. St. Butch T
Madballs 7 Chocolate
Och Rios Scotch Bonnet
Numex 6-4
Armageddon
MOA Red
Spanish Naga Morich
Lumbre
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
White Fatalii
UBSC
 ​

Have a great day people!

Devv said:
Mike!

Looking great! And nice list!

I see we're both trying to beat the heat this year, I sure hope it works.

Good luck!
Thanks!  At the very least we can learn something Scott and there is nothing wrong with that!

maximumcapsicum said:
Wow, quite an operation already! How long will you keep them in the flats? When do you normally plant out?

Will be following along!
In years past early March has been the best safe outing.  My grow box will hold 8 to 10 of those flats with plants no more than 8 inches tall.  After that I move them to my back porch which is all windows (facing North, East and West).  They will stay there until hardening off time (late Februrary).  This year I may have to pot up to one gallon trade pots before then to avoid root bound.

Thanks Max Caps!

jedisushi06 said:
Nice start, ready to see some pods!
Thanks Jedi!  "Punch it Chewi!"  Here's hoping the hyperdrive works this season!

GA Growhead said:
Damn Mike. Seriously holding out on us.
:)
Looking awesome already!
I'm guess the white bhut mostly likely came from John. Small correction. ;)
Thanks Jason!  Your right, It was from Judy pods.  To big of rush typing!  There are others I forgot still germinating so I will edit them in.

Thanks!  At the very least we can learn something Scott and there is nothing wrong with that!
Too true, but I wasn't counting on this colder weather. Hopefully this is an indication our weather is going back to normal, but what's normal nowadays?

Well rain is what we need, and if the cold comes with it I can fly with that.

Penny said:
Nice list, and even nicer plants.. ;)
Thank you Penny!

PaulG said:
Your starts are awesome, Mike, way to get a jump on things!
Thank you Paul, quoteing my Mom, "You'll never amount to a hill a beans if you don't try!"

MGOLD86 said:
Nice mike! Looks like you are off to a great start!
Thanks Matt!  I recently saw some of your posts in some old threads from 2010.  I would like to pm you some thoughts and questions about a cross I was considering naming this season.  Now I am concerned it may already exist by another name.  I can't get to it today though.

Thank you Penny!

Thank you Paul, quoteing my Mom, "You'll never amount to a hill a beans if you don't try!"

Thanks Matt! I recently saw some of your posts in some old threads from 2010. I would like to pm you some thoughts and questions about a cross I was considering naming this season. Now I am concerned it may already exist by another name. I can't get to it today though.

Wow! Birth of a new heat.

maximumcapsicum said:
Wow! Birth of a new heat.
Thanks Max, but I'm not the creator it just found its way to me and the effort of growing it out.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Great looking start to the season already.
Thank you Jeff!

Pr0digal_son said:
Good luck in '14 Mike.
Thanks and you too John!

Portuge said:
Awesome list you got going on, best of luck in 2014
Thank you Portage, I hope you have a great season!

Here's a few close up pics;
Texas Pequin from Gary/ Windchicken by way of Brian/ Smiter Q. Gary I've got 16 of these currently down from 18.

Yellow Bhut Jolokia from fresh Judy pods

Yellow Moruga Scorpion from fresh Judy pods

Bubble Gum 7 Pod #1 plant from Jason/ GA growhead

NagaBrain F3 from Gary by way of Jaime/ Romy6(I think)

Cheers THP
Mike

Great to see you having good success at the early stages, Mike.
The starts look like the leaves were buffed with q-tips!

Awesome start to the season, Mike.  Looking at all these lists and new plants has me chompin' at the bit.

Back