• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

When the heat becomes just too much... what do you do?

So we've all had that moment (except maybe some of you badass types) - You take a bite of pepper thinking "I'm tough sh*t, I can handle this" then in a moment you think "oh wait, I remember why I don't do this all the time" and start scrambling to find something to put a stop to it before it gets worse.
I'm curious, what is it you reach for when the heat becomes too much and you're crying like a little girl, snot poring out your nose, red face, etc.
Milk is the obvious one, but I'm looking for interesting and better-than-milk solutions.

To get us started, I use olive oil. What about you?

i just suck it up and put myself in a different place until the pain resides and sometimes that feels like a long, long time. i have never pucked though. but, i have had the knot that goes from the stomach and into the back.  that hurts, makes you feel like you need a chiropractor. 

The more you just let it happen and ride the wave, the higher your tolerance will go. 

Yes, I`m an asshole in my spare time     :rofl:

While my first comment is true, IMHO, very oily things work best. Olive oil is a good start, butter is better because it hangs around longer in your mouth.

The Hot Pepper said:
LOL
GIVE THE ROOKIE A BREAK YA MEANIE LOL
Thats too funny nothing else to say huh lol
Naga Chomper said:
I grab a book, and sit by the fireplace.
LOL YOU GUYS ARE ARE HILARIOUS
geeme said:

I sweat.
My nose runs.
I hiccup.
But.....

I NEVER CRY.

And yes, I'm a chick.

MAN UP, DUDE! :hell:
OH DANG IT JUST GOT REAL JUST GOT PUT IN YOUR PLACE BY A GIRL BRO?
IM OUT MUST EXIT THIS THREAD NOW SEE YA WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YA

Member is only from Oct 2013 lol i hope you can roll with the punches! These guys and gals are just messing with ya i ushally try to ride it out or find some milk.

:welcome: to THP.

I've had my eyes water before. But full-on tears? Nah. And I've thankfully not puked. Mind you, the hottest I've had, so far, is only Naga's. When it comes to the eyes I find onions -vastly- worse. lol

And I've definitely noticed that the pain passes much quicker if I just ride it out rather than resort to milk, sugar or whatever. And it feels much better, afterwards, if I do. *nod*

But if I -must-, then I find milk and white sugar work well enough. Haven't tried butter or olive oil. I'd rather not waste my olive oil. Much rather save that for cooking. :)

i drip from just about every orifice, my eyes water profusely, nose floods, mouth drips, ear wax melts. mine are full on tears, to the point my wife no longer bugs me, she just looks and walks away. the kids go on, "dad what's wrong",  but daddy can't answer because his lips are burning and the endorphins are at a all time high trying to combat any pain.

i think only once, i had to grab some milk and that was with the red douglah. that hurt. but i pulled through like a champ. after some time.

Hophead said:
Member is only from Oct 2013 lol i hope you can roll with the punches! These guys and gals are just messing with ya i ushally try to ride it out or find some milk.

:welcome: to THP.
Lol I'm an asshole and expect nothing less from others :)

I'm talking about occasions when you eat an entire scorpion or something in one bite, with no cooking or sides etc. If you guys can do that without milk then... Well, respect

What's that rant have to do with what he should cool his tongue with? :lol:

Back