• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Chocolate pepperfriends pie!

A very nice and simple recipe...
Imho that is a truly epic recipe. That pie is even more good than simple! It could not look spectacular, chocolate and pepper could be not so original, but i think it's better than many wedding pies i've eaten...
Thanks to Stefania from pepperfriends.com for allowing me to post her recipe here!

Ingredients:
  • 200g dark chocolate
  • 200g sugar
  • 200g butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons of wheat
  • 1 little teaspoon of salt
  • pepper powder
  • icing sugar
ib0hKJkDrAjcqC.jpg

Notes:
i just forgot to add wheat... Well, not a critical problem.
200g of butter are a lot: this means it's very heavy. With 100g is good. 100g butter + 100g milk is good. Btw i used 200g butter this time.
Pepper powder... I'd say fresh pepper is better here too... Orange haba is perfect imho.

Preparing:
  • Melt chocolate in bain marie and add butter to melt it too.
  • Separate yolks and albumen
    ibxZxBgqKZoqxx.jpg

• Beat yolks in a separate bowl, add peppers, add sugar and beat again
  • whip albumen with the little teaspoon of salt
    i6CWnhQ67vHFi.jpg

• add to butter-chcolate yolk-sugar-pepper cream, 2 tablespoons of wheat and in the end whipped albumen. You need to stir continuosuly:

ibkZebkXDBZI1y.gif

• use some baking paper and pour on baking pan
    ibktoh6kCCX4Ny.jpg

Cooking:
180°C for 20 mins.
Sometimes i cook a little more. In 25 mins is more solid... That 5 mins make a difference... Maybe 20 mins seems a little undercooked but it is gold... 25 mins is more compact, maybe better if you have to take away. The best thing is to try.

ixlsCaizsWanY.jpg

Good rise! But it will fall back:

iVAFJOksF59Gq.jpg

Icing sugar in the end is a nice addition.

Of couse the best thing is to have good ingredients (i'd say butter in particular).
It's a lot better eaten after some hours or the day after, cold.

In that case i advice you to do it in 24 dec evening:
i made it yesterday in afternoon. I ate it after more or less 6 hours (with 2 hours of fridge and the rest outside window). I was a little disappointed, i tasted haba too much. Maybe because it wasn't so fresh nor fully ripen...
Btw tonight i put it on fridge and now i've taste it: more creamy and that "wrong" haba flavor was gone!
Btw haba chocolate powder is suggested by who made the recipe...

Thanks for the tip Essegi.

I have some smoked mixed super hot powder and a variety of fresh pods in the freezer.  Decisions, decisions....  

Back