• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wild in Las Vegas 2014 (Hardening off and flowers!!)

So now it's time to make another attempt and hope for a better year.

I didn't want to make a glog this year... but I see many already started. That motivates me to make a glog.

2013 was a year for learning and making mistakes and mostly experiments. Needless to say I found and learned a lot and I know this year is gonna rock!

So let's get started with some pics, and I'll update with th list later today and I'll be visiting glogs in a short while ;) and here's to 2014!!! :cheers:

This is my list so far, and I will update if anything changes.

-CAP 539 (C. Annuum) (Judy)

-Calusa Indian Mound (C. Annuum) (Judy)

-Tepin Sonora (C. Annuum) (Mine)

-CAP 501 (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-CGN 20510 (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-Cobindo-NMDUC (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-CGN 20509 (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-CGN 22869, PI 260429 (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-CGN 20812/PI 159233 (C. Chinense) (Judy)

-CGN 20800 (C. Chinense) (Judy)

-Wild Brazil (C. Chinense) (Shane)

-Quintisho (C. Chinense) (Justecila)

-Cumari do Para (C. Chinense) (Justecila)

-CAP 691 (C. Chinense) (Judy)

-CGN 24360 (C. Chinense) (Judy)

-CGN 24332 (C. Eximium) (Judy)

-CGN 19198 (C. Eximium) (Judy)

- CGN21502 (C. Eximium) (Judy)

-CGN 22792, PI 260478, Aji Chuncho (C. Frutescence) (Judy)

-Chintextle (C. Annuum) (Spicegeist)

-C. Galapagoense (Spicegeist)

-Pionted Praetermissum (C. Praetermissum) (Judy)

-CAP 1144 (C. Praetermissum) (Judy)

-Goat Pepper: CGN 22794: PI 260595 (C. Praetermissum) (Judy)

-BGH 460, PI 441654 (C. Praetermissum) (Judy)

-Cumari pollux (C. Praetermissum) (Spicegeist)

-Rocopica

-Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (Mike)

-Tepin x 7 Pot Barrackpore F2 (Spicegeist)

-Cumari pollux x Donne sali F1 (Spicegeist)

-CAP 501 x Donne sali F1 (Spicegeist)

-Bubblegum 7 Pot (Denniz)

-Pink tiger (Enrico Lai)

-Aribibi gusano (Chiliriot (Spain))

-Walt

Thanks for stopping by :party:

Portuge said:
Sweet list of wilds so far, your plants are looking great, best of luck in 2014...
Thank Portuge! It's going to be mostly wilds and maybe a few chinense. I got to try something else ;).

Your galaps look really nice, very cool to see how they grow. Charles also shared some seeds with me so those are his grand kids LOL.

Devv said:
Very nice Walter!

Excellent work on the photography.

You got a nice early start and should be able to get some good production before the heat sets in.

Good luck this season!
Scott!! Thanks for the kind words. I hope I do or at least work on keeping them alive thru the summer and hope to get some pods in late summer or fall. Last 2 years we had longer nice weather in the fall season. So let's hope for the best.

Jamison said:
Good luck this year Walt!  The wilds and pubes this year are gonna be crazy!  Seems everyone is givin em a try.
Thanks Jamison! Yup it's gonna be a wild year for some LOL. I want to do pubes too, not now tho. I want to do them late summer and take them out when it cools off and then OW and hope to get something in spring 2015 LOL. I should live in a house by then. Well hopefully.

Just can't beat owning your own place, good luck on the venture.

Prices should be decent with the housing downturn we've experienced nationwide.

Pr0digal_son said:
Your plants are growing well,Thumbs up on the dry soil surface also,no fungus gnats there.

What accession for the galapagoense? Looks a bit different.
Thanks for the kind words Prodigal, I'm really excited about these. Just the way they look and grow is interesting.

About the gnats... I had a mild infestation last year and this year looks like I have it more under control. No gnats so far.

Idk about the accession number, these galapagoense sprouted from Charles seed. Maybe he can chime in on this since I have no clue.

RedtailForester said:
Nice fuzzy little babies Vegas!
Thanks Dan, looking forward to learn from the experts ;).

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Best of luck!
Thanks Chris!! Same to you :cheers:

maximumcapsicum said:
Looks great! Will be following along!
Thanks Maxi! Will try to update as things show up. These are slooooww... But they do have new growth every time I check on them in the morning after work.

GA Growhead said:
Jason!! Thanks man, you have nice start! Hope have a better year. :cheers:
PepperLover said:
Looking GREAT Walt 
wonderful healthy plants 
Thanks Judy, all of this is because of your kindness and generosity. I never imagined you would send all these nice varieties. I just can't thank you enough for this, and I will to grow them and hope they produce so I can pass on the wild love to others.

** GO TEAM JUDY!!! **

Nightshade said:
Good job so far man will be cool to see the progress. Awesome to see another guy growing the wilds in Vegas
Thanks Rob!! Let's hope we can get these babies to produce here. I'm sowing extra seed and since I don't have much space I will have extras incase you want some or whatever. Just hit me up, and if you still need those pots lmk, because my cousin wants to clean the yard LOL. She says take all and there's some nice 15gals. In there. :cheers:

Devv said:
Just can't beat owning your own place, good luck on the venture.

Prices should be decent with the housing downturn we've experienced nationwide.
Yup, exactly my thought. I want to try and get a house with a nice yard with southern exposure. Good size to build a small greenhouse for the OW and the new starts. Pepperize the whole yard and all LOL. I have the wife's permission :D. Only one rule tho... No plants in the house :party:

-Walt

Vegas_Chili said:
Thanks Rob!! Let's hope we can get these babies to produce here. I'm sowing extra seed and since I don't have much space I will have extras incase you want some or whatever. Just hit me up, and if you still need those pots lmk, because my cousin wants to clean the yard LOL. She says take all and there's some nice 15gals. In there. :cheers:

-Walt
Yes I'm going to need those pots definitely!! I will take those extras too I like having extras to play around with plus I have the space. I am thinking after Christmas I'm going to swing by a1 organics and grab a bunch of compost to add to my garden space so I can plant in ground this season to help with heat management. I don't think I will have a problem getting them to produce its just a matter of timing.
when you get that house and will be able to get a greenhouse it is absolutely awesome because the plants love it perfect temperature. Good sun exposure and everything in "winter".

Hit me up when you get your house when that might be and I will let you know how I set up mine.

Looking great Walt! Good luck to you this year. Thanks again for all the seeds. If you see anything in my glog that you would like to grow just let me know and I will send some seeds your way.

Pic of what I received yesterday.

XaLpKABl.jpg

Nightshade said:
Yes I'm going to need those pots definitely!! I will take those extras too I like having extras to play around with plus I have the space. I am thinking after Christmas I'm going to swing by a1 organics and grab a bunch of compost to add to my garden space so I can plant in ground this season to help with heat management. I don't think I will have a problem getting them to produce its just a matter of timing.
when you get that house and will be able to get a greenhouse it is absolutely awesome because the plants love it perfect temperature. Good sun exposure and everything in "winter".

Hit me up when you get your house when that might be and I will let you know how I set up mine.
Cool deal! I'll let you know for sure, and hit me up anytime. I should be ok with one plant as I can always clone them.

Solem22 said:
Looking great Walt! Good luck to you this year. Thanks again for all the seeds. If you see anything in my glog that you would like to grow just let me know and I will send some seeds your way.

Pic of what I received yesterday.

XaLpKABl.jpg
Rom!! Just when I want to like your post real bad now the "Likes Police" has me on probation Lmao! Enjoy the seeds my man :party:

Can't wait to see you grow them out :D.

-Walt

maximumcapsicum said:
Wow so many interesting varieties on tap. Why do you think these particular varieties are growing so slow? That why you start a summer ahead and OW them?
Well the main reason is that I had so much stuff going on. I had my daughter's birthday in October, I made company to a cousin of mine in court (very delicate case and needed family support), I had family visiting from Mexico and my sis, my daughter barely turned 1 year old, family reunion, black friday (LOL), and you get the drill LOL. Anyway with all that aside now I'm a bit more relieved and now I can dedicate more time to my Ladies ;).

List added on first post and I still need to add more LOL.

Here's a small update, all seems to be running ok. These actually remind me of some tepins that were so tiny I thought they were stunted si it doesn't really surprise me they're that small.

I noticed some difference from both Eximium. The CGN 24332 seems to grow faster than the sister CGN 19198.

Here's a few pics.

Here on these you can see the cotyledons fell... I guess I was giving them too much love (water), and sometimes I work 12hrs and I'd really hate to come back from work and see them dead or dried up (I had that issue before), so now I just cut down the water and here's how they're coming along. The leaves look greener and they seem to be picking up nicely. Anyway here they are.

Thanks for stopping by ;).

-Walt

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
:crazy: nice list
LOL!! You ain't seen nothing yet! I need to add the choco brains, BOC, potato market jalapeño, and others. That what you see is only a part of it. More to come :party:

-Walt

Back