• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Solstice Molé

Ever year we make Molé and have a bonfire on the Winter Solstice. I just thought I would share some pictures. I know I have posted my Molé before but I don't care. LOL

View attachment 8387

A little "get readiness"
View attachment 8388

Chicken poaching. This time it was all breast meat.
View attachment 8390

Toasting the Sesame seeds and Pine Nuts. Who doesn't like toasty nuts?
View attachment 8391

Get the chile's to toasting too.
View attachment 8393
View attachment 8394

Blanching the Almonds, and some of the other ingredients, Banana, Raisins and Cinnamon.
View attachment 8396

Once the NINJA has been set to BLAST for a good 5 minutes, it looks like this
View attachment 8392

Get the IBARA Mexican chocolate and ½ stick of butter all melty.
View attachment 8395

This is when the magic happens... bring just to a boil, then stir constantly with a whisk for about 10 minutes
View attachment 8389

BUMP PLEASE!

dude.... you got my room ready for the holidays....?

no one sees this and not feel they should be part of it :) 

country life is the best 

Come on Judy! Get on one of them "flying machines" and we will have more mole and bonfires. Hahahahaha

The beans were awesome, however from a can. We doctored them up with pickled jalapeño juice, garlic powder, dried Epazote from last years harvest, Scovie powder, a dash of LDHS mild Green, and a couple sprinkles of Judy's Red Savina powder.

The rice was killer too. mmmmmm.... Leftovers...

Scovie, the King of Mole', and hhhwhiskey, and sink corn, and burning trash cans.

Bonfires, the jury is still out.  Did you really line your firepit with wooden furniture???

OH my goodness that looks like sooooo good Scovie! I'd love to hang out down there with you boys and drink some booze, and eat some awesome food!

JayT said:
Did you really line your firepit with wooden furniture???

Yeah! It's what got burnt! We are working on cleaning up this property that has been neglected for decades. The stuff we burnt last night was all the stuff that was inside the house. In the Spring we will work on the crap outside. Big job, but it's fun.

Here is the pile last night.
View attachment 8407

Burning...
View attachment 8406

And this morning...
View attachment 8405

Back