• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

growing contest for heaviest pepper

I have entered a contest for the heaviest pepper.

Which peppers could give the heaviest ones?
Is there a big jim -like pepper that gives exeptionnaly large peppers?

Heat will help you in growing the biggest pepper... be in a hot, humid environment.  Using less nitrogen will not necessarily give you a bigger pepper... but having lower nitrogen ratios and higher P and K values will influence your plant to grow more* peppers and spend less time growing new shoots.  However, I have read that using too much nitrogen during fruit production can cause those "cracks" or "splits" in peppers and tomatoes for that matter:
Mustardhab2.JPG

Peppers like humidity? Didn't know that.
Isn't drytness better for selfpollination?

So it's probably better not to do anything else but the normal fertilisation.
I use chili focus.

Last season (my first season) I overfertilised. My bell pepper had only 4 fruits but they where as big as the ones you buy in a store.

I found the Jumbo F1 sweet pepper.
It shoold produce the biggest/heaviest peppers... could be more then 1/2lbs.
Has anyone tried it?

PETO WONDER HYBRID - sweet; Bell Elongated Type; 6 to 7 inches long by 3.5 to 4.5 inches wide; thick flesh; matures from green to deep red; pendant pods; green leaves; 18 to 24 inches tall; Mid Season (70-80 days); Uses: Large Stuffing, Prolific; elongated, TMV resistant; C.annuum.

peto-wonder-hybrid-pepper-plants.jpg

That was the biggest one I found from the vendor I order live plants from.

my friend has some sweet peppers called giant cornos capcisum. they get about 30cm long? and about as fat a bell pepper?
they look like a big bulls horn..id grow that!

I think I won the contest.
Look at this baby:)
It's a goliath pepper.
There are several big peppers on the plant, but this is the biggest one so far.
wWudMkZ.jpg

tVsVBB3.jpg
nx3yw3V.jpg
slbFTw4.jpg

And this is the super heavy weight pepper:
There is also an elongated bell pepper and a broad bell ppepper on the same super heavy weight pepper plant...it's a weird plant. 
ffwYEMR.jpg
NqmUscF.jpg

Back