• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jedisushi06 2014 Grow, Return of the JEDI

I started fairly early this year of 2013 for 2014.  I had a good garden season this summer and grew lots of super hots and non super hots.  I produced over 200 pounds of tomatoes for canning, and lots of cucumbers for pickles.  I used my last big tomato and pepper harvest to can salsa.  I plan on growing more plants this year and trying to grow some types i did not get around to this summer.  I also plan on growing peas, tomatoes, rhubarb, mixed greens, pumpkins, and non super hot peppers and thai chiles for drying.  Here's an updated list of what i'm growing so far.  I have plans for lots more peppers so stay tuned.  I want to thank all the great people on here that taken their time to send me seeds to grow, i want to give a shout out to Romy 6, Bhut Camp, megahot, Jack Superhot, Tmudder, Spicegeist, Colorado Ronin, Judy at pepperlover, silver surfer, Semilnas, Nigel Carter, Bill Moore, chile beast, Brian Seal, lucky dog hot sauce, Chris Joyner, my favorite cowboy, old barn nursery, and old dirty bastard.

7 pot 007
7 pot merlot
7 pot yellow
7 pot red
7 pot brain strain yellow
7 pot brain strain red
7 pot brain strain orange
7 pot brain strain chocolate
7 pot douglah x 3
7 pot douglah Billy Boy
7 pot madballz
7 pot rennie red
7 pot rennie brown
7 pot primo yellow X 2
7 pot primo red
7 pot primo orange
7 pot savanah long
7 pot bubblegum
7 pot barrakapore red
Carolina Reaper X Red Brain Strain
Jays peach ghost scorpion
Jays red ghost scorpion
Chocolate Naga Brain
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Brakapore
Brown Naglah
Black Naga
Defcon 7
Congo brown
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia chocolate X douglah
Sepia Serpent
Bhut jolokia chocolate x Trinidad Scorpion Red
Chocolate Fatallii
Trinidad Scorpion Cardi Yellow
Trinidad Scorpion Green
Trinidad scorpion chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
Rocoto Inca 
MOA scotch bonnet
Infinity
Red Mourga
Red Mourga Satan
Yellow Mourga
Brown Mourga
Carmel Mourga
Chocolate Mourga
Chocolate Bhut X yellow 7 pot
Carolina Reaper
Carolina Reaper long phenotype
Red Naglah
Yellow Douglah
Red Douglah
Mustard Habanero
Bonda Ma Jaques
Ice Scream Scorpion
Red Habanero
Majah X= Red Bhut Jolokia X Red Mourga Scorpion
Paper Lantern
Datil
Peach Habalokia
Peach Scorpanero
M.A. Daisy Cutter yellow
Devil's tongue yellow
Devil's tongue red
Red Lightning Habanero
Caribbean Red Habanero
Numex Barker Green Chile
SB7J
Thai hot
Orange Thai
Black Thai
Prik KEE NUU SUAN
Geon La Do
Mustard Bhut Jolokia

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0590.jpg

maximumcapsicum said:
Nice spread Jedi! That's a ton of interesting varieties. It'll be fun to see what you come up with!
It's going to awesome see what the plants produce this year.  I hoping for less rain this coming summer.  Too much rain makes the peppers not as hot.
I plan on letting the cubes grow out some more before i trans plant, then i will pop some more super hot seeds.  I won't start growing the less hots till march and i will plant tomato seeds by the end of march.

jedisushi06 said:
It's going to awesome see what the plants produce this year.  I hoping for less rain this coming summer.  Too much rain makes the peppers not as hot.

I plan on letting the cubes grow out some more before i trans plant, then i will pop some more super hot seeds.  I won't start growing the less hots till march and i will plant tomato seeds by the end of march.

Yeah I had some rain issues last season too. All that rain tends to rot the bottom leaves, especially in containers. This time I am working in a community with a raised bed, so hoping for some better results. Time will tell.

I'm going to start prepping for my grow at the start of the year, probably germinating after the first or second week of January. That gives me something like 10 weeks before the last frost, should be plenty of time. 

Looking forward to watching your progress. I am hoping the super hot seeds don't give you too much trouble!

maximumcapsicum said:

Yeah I had some rain issues last season too. All that rain tends to rot the bottom leaves, especially in containers. This time I am working in a community with a raised bed, so hoping for some better results. Time will tell.

I'm going to start prepping for my grow at the start of the year, probably germinating after the first or second week of January. That gives me something like 10 weeks before the last frost, should be plenty of time. 

Looking forward to watching your progress. I am hoping the super hot seeds don't give you too much trouble!
Sometime they have trouble sprouting.  I lost the carmel bhut already, i think i may have one seed left.  U can't win them all.  I'm also turning one of my beds into a bigger raised bed this spring with a hoop house over it.   I also have to build a new bed for my peas.  4 seasons gardening store sells dirt by the front end loader full for 75$ a scoop.  Two scoops should get me where i need to be.  I can get organic compost out here for a little over 2$ a bag.  

jedisushi06 said:
Sometime they have trouble sprouting.  I lost the carmel bhut already, i think i may have one seed left.  U can't win them all.  I'm also turning one of my beds into a bigger raised bed this spring with a hoop house over it.   I also have to build a new bed for my peas.  4 seasons gardening store sells dirt by the front end loader full for 75$ a scoop.  Two scoops should get me where i need to be.  I can get organic compost out here for a little over 2$ a bag.  

Best laid plans. Makes me wonder how much time I should spend planning the final garden, versus just trying to get a bunch of varieties started.

Sounds like a good plan though. Good luck!

Back