• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GeorgeJ's 2014 Tokyo-a-grow-grow - Podding Up Like Crazy!

Got my first lot of seeds in last night.

7 pot yellow, burgundy, orange, red. 7 pot chaguanas, maya red habanero, jays peach ghost scorpion.
opEkohL.jpg

Planning to add more later.

Welcome to the 2014 grow season, George!

Your grow list is short but wiry, brother!  
Lots of heat in a small space!

Good luck going forward!

PaulG said:
Welcome to the 2014 grow season, George!

Your grow list is short but wiry, brother!  
Lots of heat in a small space!

Good luck going forward!
Yeah, I felt last season that I had too many plants. Got tough to look after them all in the summer so I'm trying to streamline it this time.

I've also got a few over wintering plants.

I started them off a little earlier than last year. Couldn't start them any earlier than this, because I'm in taipei for a few days. Figured seeds won't pop in the time I'm away, so won't need much looking after etc.

Gonna be doing a community grow with some friends in Tokyo. We decided on trying fatalli, which I'll be be ordering seeds for when I get back

georgej said:
Yeah, I felt last season that I had too many plants. Got tough to look after them all in the summer so I'm trying to streamline it this time.

I've also got a few over wintering plants.

I started them off a little earlier than last year. Couldn't start them any earlier than this, because I'm in taipei for a few days. Figured seeds won't pop in the time I'm away, so won't need much looking after etc.

Gonna be doing a community grow with some friends in Tokyo. We decided on trying fatalli, which I'll be be ordering seeds for when I get back
Looks great and streamlined! Good luck!

So my grow season got set back 5 days..
I went to Taiwan over new year and returned to find the wife had unplugged most of the plugs in the house - including my grow box. Power went back on furiously when I returned..

In other news, the last few pods from last season are ripening. 7 pot brown anyone? Nah, I suppose I'll do a review.
IYkr3Dm.jpg

hmm. might need to start over again.

found mould on the surface of all the pot's soil. didn't happen last year and i can't work out why.

i've sprayed the soil with dilute hydrogen peroxide and removed the plastic on the tops of them, with a fan running on them. if it persists i'll be starting over i guess.

too many set backs this season! i wanted to get it starting earlier this time :(

Good start George. :dance:

As for the mold, when I first started out years ago growing my tomatoes, I sometimes had fuzzy mold and an old neighbor told me to sprinkle ground cinnamon onto the soil and it kills the mold, but wont hurt your plants/seedlings.....I've been doing it ever since and now use it on peppers, or whatever else I start indoors.

Penny said:
Good start George. :dance:

As for the mold, when I first started out years ago growing my tomatoes, I sometimes had fuzzy mold and an old neighbor told me to sprinkle ground cinnamon onto the soil and it kills the mold, but wont hurt your plants/seedlings.....I've been doing it ever since and now use it on peppers, or whatever else I start indoors.
Thanks so much for the tip! will try that out!
i just hope the seeds themselves havent been harmed 

Keep me posted on how you do make out, I know in the past when I've noticed the mold, I've used the cinnamon and its solved the problem, so fingers crossed it should do the trick for you.

Can you post some pics, to see?

Got my first lot of seeds in last night.

7 pot yellow, burgundy, orange, red. 7 pot chaguanas, maya red habanero, jays peach ghost scorpion.
opEkohL.jpg

Planning to add more later.

How tall are those cups you're using George? Are those just like 200 odd ml ones?

Penny said:
Keep me posted on how you do make out, I know in the past when I've noticed the mold, I've used the cinnamon and its solved the problem, so fingers crossed it should do the trick for you.

Can you post some pics, to see?
well the white fuzz has died down since the peroxide and fan on. not much point doing a photo at the moment. hopefully it isnt coming back in a hurry! ;) i'll try cinnamon though!

225ml. i used the same size last year to start in

Ah thought so. I have the same but ended up with a cheap "hot house". I think I should have stuck with the cups instead of over complicating it.

Back