• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! The "Meltdown"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
MELTS!

This is the MELTS TD!

What is a melt? It's a sandwich with melted cheese and other "stuff" on it... otherwise it's just a grilled cheese. Tuna melt, patty melt, yes, grilled cheese with bacon... those are some old school melts but let's get original here! And no open-faced.

It does not have to be a pressed or grilled sandwich, but the cheese must be melted by some means, and the bread must have a maillard  reaction (toasted/grilled etc.) and it must be ooey gooey melty and not just a slice. Come on now! It's about the melted cheeeeeeeeeeze!

If it is a sandwich (bread on each end that is toasted, grilled, or pressed) with "stuff" and the cheese is melted, it is a melt. Starts Friday!

NO tortillas or flat breads, or anything resembling a qeusadilla. Different animal.
NO soups sides or anything else in the pics, it's all about the sammie.
Suggestion: At least one "cut open" pic, and if you can get the ooey gooey cheese connection shot as you pull apart the sandwich halves... BONUS!!!!!!!!!!

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry

PoL: $20.14

ENDS: Sunday 10:00 PM EST

BEGIN!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
That's right! $20.14 PoL! ;)

$20.14??????

Anyone wanna go in on it with me? It is the middle of a Methow winter.

I can't just go dig up my pickle jug... the ground is frozen!

Jay, you got $10.07 ?

:rofl:

Here ya go, Scovie..... Oh. Er. Uh. Can't get it through the monitor - oh well, you're on your own! :dance:

No problem Scovie, its in the mail.  Ought to be there by Monday or so.  

Note:  Boss did say that if anyone doesn't have a $20, they could just write $20 on a piece of paper for this one and put 14 cents with it.

sicman's hot mushroom melt

quarter of shrooms
6 slices of kraft cheese

butter each slice of wheat bread with butter
butter side down cheese in the middle
fry that $hit in the frying pan
lots of triple death super hot chili powder
let cool for 6 minutes

Grilled+cheese...you+so+silly.+melting+people%C2%B4s+faces_b43d2e_4271764.gif

Love the idea...
Want to do this...
But don't think I can get pictures uploaded before Monday.

Am I SOL?

That sucks :mope:
But rules are rules. I'll see if I can manage to get to the internet and post pictures.

I'll be making a jalapeno bread
spreading mayonnaise on the outside, butter on the inside
filling it with a mix of handmade(homemade) mozzarella cheese, shredded parmesan, roasted poblanos, and crumbled bacon.

Halbrust said:
That sucks :mope:
But rules are rules. I'll see if I can manage to get to the internet and post pictures.
Are you posting this phonetically?

BURN HIM!!! HE'S A WIZARD!!!!!!!!
:rofl:

Think I might get in on this one. Got some leftover turporkey in the fridge, thinking I might slap some of that on some bread, smother it in cheese, add some peppers and grill it up. 

MeatHead1313 said:
Think I might get in on this one. Got some leftover turporkey in the fridge, thinking I might slap some of that on some bread, smother it in cheese, add some peppers and grill it up.
I see Booma and DTS lurking.... Your Ozzy mates. Oz is fixin to kill the melt TD I just know it.

Scoville DeVille said:
I see Booma and DTS lurking.... Your Ozzy mates. Oz is fixin to kill the melt TD I just know it.

Those stinkin' Aussie's!

They kick ever 'body's ass.

Bastiges!

SoFlo is our only hope!

Scovie and I can use Methow $20's

Methow $20.jpg

AND CJ!!!!
(sorry, chica~  )

I can't wait to see what kind of Shinola The TB and his thumb ring come up with for this TD.  Hippy Melt FTW!!!!!!

texas blues said:
SL you got it all wrong.

CJ ain't a "chica".

She's a "chula".
Thanks TB - :blushing: You know how I roll. 

But...... No SHEET folks....I GOT This! I've been skooled,  been edumacated, even been shock-n-awed. But I GOT this!

All I need from my friends is a li'l prompting for Scovie to skool me on the posting bits. I promise I will AMAZE!!! hahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back