• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! The Meltdown

Who made the best ooey gooey melt?

• keybrdkid - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44429-begin-the-meltdown/?p=931791"]Chicke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MeatHead1313 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44429-begin-the-meltdown/?p=931994"]Mea

• THE BIZ - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44429-begin-the-meltdown/?p=932183"]Omelette

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
What a great way to start 2014!

12 13 entries in The Meltdown!

VOTE!

A lot of entries here! Gotta think on it
Went with yours husker. It sounds like a strange taste combination but sparks my interest for sure

Pepperjack91 said:
A lot of entries here! Gotta think on it
Went with yours husker. It sounds like a strange taste combination but sparks my interest for sure

Thanks!

Give it a try.  Creamy, crunchy, salty, sweet, and little heat from the pepper.

This is gonna be a tough one.  I need to sit down and read up on the other 11 entries.  Lots of great stuff in this TD!

I have difficulties both for so many good entries and for some ingredients i don't know... And we are voting the better melt or the better sandwich? Or a balance of that?
A lot of glourious things. I've a lot to comment but i limit myself with my 2 preferencies:

Husker... Maybe the most original, elegant and i bet so good to eat. Double melt, cheese and jam. That means something.
TB: wins hands down for melt gorgeousness...

My head votes for Husker21. My stomach for TB.
Must vote TB, i just can't resist to that kind of cheese.

Essegi said:
I have difficulties both for so many good entries and for some ingredients i don't know... And we are voting the better melt or the better sandwich? Or a balance of that?
A lot of glourious things. I've a lot to comment but i limit myself with my 2 preferencies:

Husker... Maybe the most original, elegant and i bet so good to eat. Double melt, cheese and jam. That means something.
TB: wins hands down for melt gorgeousness...

My head votes for Husker21. My stomach for TB.
Must vote TB, i just can't resist to that kind of cheese.

Thanks for the kind word.  I totally understand.  I was a little bummed I didn't get more of a "money shot" with my melty cheese.  :)
Wow.  Just did my review and damn am I hungry!

It was between Essegi and SumOfMyBits.  Those were the two melts that I would want to eat most.  Esse had a great flavor combo, grilled both sides of the bread (nice touch) and laid the speck on unscathed.  But IMO, there is no better melt than a cuban sandwich.  I like the chicken and bacon twist Sum put on his.  Both entries had the ooey gooey cheese money shot.  But Sums looked the cheesiest!  My vote goes to Sum.

Great entries everyone.  This TD just proves that every samy should be grilled, pressed, or toasted!

gourdmaster said:
why was my entry not included?

I think there was no pic of the ingredients with the POL.  I see you posted a link to more pics that do have the POL.  But I think the POL shot has to be in the throw down thread.  But that is just my guess, I am not the boss.

Oh well, most likely would not have won anyways. Lots of great sandwiches but i went with the swiss mountain on this one.

It's in the poll now!

13 entries! Wow.

Yes it was missed, your PoL shot was a link and it wasn't mentioned that was the PoL.

Next time please post the actual pic, thanks!

I don't have a TD assistant anymore, she would have caught that. :(

If you voted, and wanted to vote for gourdmaster, PM, and we'll fix!

My fault! But yes, should be visible or it may be missed. ;)

Don't worry, the poll just started.

I had to go for the one I want to eat RIGHT NOW, and Essegi's entry took the lead for me.
Tinnie was a very, very close second. I liked the flavor combo, but there was no way I'd be able to eat even half.
Husker was very creative, but I just wanted to add more pig - like shredded pork shoulder in addition to the bacon. Yours would have taken my vote otherwise, fo sho.
PepperJack also was very creative, I loved the hush puppy bread!

Yeah it didn't turn out looking like a hush puppy like I had invisioned. More like a pancake obviously. But it tasted like one

Scoville DeVille said:
Husker21.

He came.

He saw.

He burnt this motha to the groun!

Way to go Husker. You NAILED that puppy! Ohhhh them flavors... seriously... them flavahs!

Thanks brotha!  

I was playing around with two ideas.  I made the other one today.  The other one was an itallian cold cut stuffed pizza dough with lots of mozz, provolone, and pecorino romano.  The pizza pouch (picture a big square) was all sealed up on the edges.  I baked that off until it was done.  After it cooled completely I sliced off a big piece and pressed it in the pannini press.  Another keeper recipe.  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back