Hello from the UK

Hi,

I've been lurking on the site for a while so thought I'd best say hello. I'm new to growing so any advice would be greatly appreciated. We don't have the best climate for growing peppers and where I live is particularly windy but I'm hoping I'll be able to grow something, even if it's indoors.
Last year I grew my first pepper plant, a cayenne, on my kitchen windowsill but it only gave me about 10 small peppers before getting attacked by aphids.
So far this year I have Jalapeno and 'Littlle Elf' seeds that I'm going to try but if anyone can suggest anything better suited I'd love to try it.

Hey welcome! I am here in the uk too so if you need any seeds just let me know. Only seeds I don't have that I would recommend for your windowsill would be seaspring seeds rooster spur as they are plenty hot and the plants stay quite small if kept in smaller pots being annums they don't overwinter well but they grow fast and are quite prolific

Welcome to THP. Whereabouts in the UK are you? Saying it's windy doesn't narrow it down since the whole place is windy:) I grew up in Kent, so I suppose that's not as windy as other parts.

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Welcome to THP. Whereabouts in the UK are you? Saying it's windy doesn't narrow it down since the whole place is windy:) I grew up in Kent, so I suppose that's not as windy as other parts.

I'm up in Halifax, West Yorkshire. It's cold and windy but I do have a decent South facing section of the garden which grew some monster sunflowers last year (not my choice).

Hey welcome! I am here in the uk too so if you need any seeds just let me know. Only seeds I don't have that I would recommend for your windowsill would be seaspring seeds rooster spur as they are plenty hot and the plants stay quite small if kept in smaller pots being annums they don't overwinter well but they grow fast and are quite prolific
Hi,
I'll have a look for those seeds, they sound pretty good.
I'm going to sew enough seeds for a few plants so I can try a few outside when it warms up. I don't think they'll do much but it's worth a try.

Edit
Just ordered a pack and some Hungarian Hot Wax as I've heard they're easy.

My Rooster Spur and Hungarian Hot Wax seeds arrived yesterday so I think I'm ready to sew. Anyone have a link to a good guide for growing them?

mrhoyo said:
I'm new to growing so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome! You will get all the advice you ask for and then about 10 times more on top of that. We've got some people here that could grow a rib-eye steak tree in a pile of plutonium using only dog sh*t as fertilizer, so ask and you shall receive.

Welcome! You will get all the advice you ask for and then about 10 times more on top of that. We've got some people here that could grow a rib-eye steak tree in a pile of plutonium using only dog sh*t as fertilizer, so ask and you shall receive.

Ha, that's good to know. I'm hoping to start germinating a few of each this weekend so give it a week or so and I'll really be in need of some advice.

Back