• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OKGrowin- Newbie 5 gal pepper journey - Fin

finished nov 10 2014, last post

Hey i'm new here and my 2nd year growing peppers.

Grow list:
oRVROQe.png

Soilmix:
5-1-1
pine bark fines
perlite
coco or peat
+
dolomite lime

Fertilizer:
Dynagrow 9-3-6 Foliage pro

Indoor light (until they can go outside in april):
Sun system T5 4ft 8lamp

Containers:
1. solo cups
2. Viagrow 5gal bags

=====================================
Step 1 - Germination:
Got my seeds all in so i decided to soak them in some tea for an hour and now they are in ziploc bags
MQ1FsYP.jpg
Ehq24UK.jpg

I got my grow room set up inside my shed. Can't wait to pot them and stick em in there.

Shed in my back yard 
QwDf4lR.jpg

y7lLFyg.jpg

1mil plastic dropcloth (couldn't find anything black / reflective @ lowes) is my temperature barrier.
NsnY1EF.jpg

Got a 40$ utilitech heater from lowes with xmas giftcard(thanks mom!). Cheap fan i've had forever.
mIqGwL4.jpg

3wOGfb4.jpg

RsHicPC.jpg

Sun system t5 8 lamp puts out lots of light. 2 green bulbs for a more spread out spectrum.
I may hang it up or lay it side ways to begin with, idk.
dUdJEA1.jpg

f8licnN.jpg

8T9fHA8.jpg

how many are you planning on doing? I like your 8 bulb fixture. I have 3 t5's with 4 bulbs each. Will you be hanging the light?

well i just planted them all, around 60 cups, we'll see how many make it.

Habanero paper lantern and prik chi faa were the fastest with their roots already coming out. Others you could see just the little bit of fuz / gel getting ready to pop out.

I hung up the light, seems to be closer and provide some heat. First night that my little greenhouse is on, hope it does good.

I have more images but forum only lets me post a few, Image Album
ZTVkBxL.jpg

DlDYtR2.jpg

lreMqAy.jpg

9sigUla.jpg

lm7NKVo.jpg

lsEY2or.jpg

7oJeKay.jpg

fLTZN1T.jpg

xSAuY6q.jpg

The shed was getting too cold and i didn't like that i had to run a extension cord out there. Fortunately i got a little greenhouse shelf my grandpa had laying around in his garage. So i set it up in a closet in the my garage that had cleaning supplies. 
3I0MZg1.jpg

wqLCG9i.jpg
CEGHLjX.jpg

Only problem is not sure if i'll have enough room to get them all past april 1st. but oh well i'll figure it out then.

Oh and i got my grow bags, they seem pretty durable, good drainage holes and they are def 5 gal. so yay
sV5oZsA.jpg
pj8oZ2l.jpg

heres the first hooks,

prik chi faa
xq8lK1f.jpg

orPd8iC.jpg

paper lantern
wQCP6RS.jpg

IAGgO4G.jpg

my reaper, moruga are going slow but almost all the other pots have sprouts in them. Going to have to either transplant some and/or start culling.

IMG_20140122_230901.jpg

IMG_20140122_230907.jpg

Looking good OK!

If you have Winders the live photo gallery software has photo rotation capabilities.

Keep it green!

So i let my plants go all weekend without water thinking they would be fine from bottom fed tray (i filled the trays all the way up). But one of the trays had holes in it and the plants in that one were very sad, couple died.
IMG_20140127_132116.jpg

IMG_20140127_132113.jpg

So lots of my cups had 2+ seedlings so i separated some of them out. Think i'll give some of the "extras" out to my friends.
1. get new cup(s) read with hole about size of your index finger.
IMG_20140129_113815.jpg

2. pull out seedling
IMG_20140129_113741.jpg
IMG_20140129_113930.jpg

IMG_20140129_114502.jpg

3. stick in it patting down lightly
IMG_20140129_113941.jpg

4. water them in

germination rates better than expected lol..

IMG_20140129_112658.jpg

these guys seem happy
IMG_20140127_132123.jpg

IMG_20140127_132058.jpg

Great looking start! Too bad the shed didn't have warm enough temps, I was loving that eerie ET glow coming out through the door!

Best of luck going forward... hopefully the garage will be enough to get you til April! 

Nick08* said:
Great looking start! Too bad the shed didn't have warm enough temps, I was loving that eerie ET glow coming out through the door!

Best of luck going forward... hopefully the garage will be enough to get you til April! 
yeah i'm surprised my neighbors didn't say anything.

Back