• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Terravexti's 2014 GLOG- First pods of the year!

Most of the varieties i'm growing this year are new to me. I need to give Pepperlover (Judy), alot of credit and other THP members for forcefully exspanding my pepper consciousness by sending me extra seeds that I would never would have thought to grow. I grow peppers on a fairly small scale, but each year it is my intension to a grow really awsome specimen of each variety.

My 2014 list so far (I will be adding more). I started three seeds for each pepper on 1/9/2014

Germinated:
Bhut Jolokia Red (my own strain I've been growing since 2006)     1/21,1/29
Bhut Jolokia Brown (pepperlover)                                                     1/15,1/20,1/23
Bhut Jolokia White (pepperlover)                                                      1/19,1/20
Fatali (pepperlover)                                                                           1/19,1/20
Mako Akokosarde (pepperlover)                                                        1/14,1/14,1/16
7 Pod Brain Strain Red (my own)                                                     1/21,1/24
7 Pod Brain Strain Yellow (my own)                                                  1/24 two seeds relaced and sowed 1/30: 2/9,2/16
7 Pod Jonah (pepper lover)                                                               1/19,1/21
7 Pod Rennie (Dulac)                                                                        1/20,1/21,1/23
Pimenta De Neyde x 7 Pod jonah (Dulac)                                         1/19,1/20,1/20
Moruga Brown (pepperlover)                                                             1/16,1/24, 1/30
Habanero Chocolate (pepperlover)                                                    1/21 one seed planted        
Datil (pepper joe)                                                                                didn't germinate
Douglah (my own) One seed planted                                                 2/2
Dorset Naga (my own)                                                                       1/20,1/21 two seeds planted
Chiltepin (pepper lover)                                                                      1/21,1/21,1/23
Cumari P. (pepper lover)                                                                    1/26,1/27
Carolina Reaper (my own)                                                                 1/19,1/19,1/19
Carolina Reaper (overwinterd)                                                           N/A
Scotch Bonnet MoA (STEVE954)                                                       1/15, 1/15,1/19
Scotch Bonnet x 7 pod Jonah (kingdenniz) planted 1/31                    2/8,2/11
Aji Chuncho planted 2/14

I put these seeds in wet starter plugs that are in a 72 cell tray with a  humidity dome and heat mat set on 85f. As they germinate I will move the seedlings to a 72 cell tray under two T8's with 6500k tubes. I like leaving the seedlings in the humidity dome until they shed there helmets. At first I will keep the lights on 24/7, but when I transplant the seedlings into solo cups I will cut the lights back to 16/8. I'm using Fox Farm  Ocean Forest for soil for the starts.

Here are some of the seeds

Grow room before

Grow Romm after

Good insulation supplies at some of the boxes too. Got a huge roll of Mylar-bubble wrap from Home Depot which easily keeps my shelf bright and warm. Called reflectix.

blorvak said:
That was the very first to sprout in my grow too! They're enthusiastic.
That's good to hear, because I think I mixed up a few seeds of the Mako Akokosrade with my Fatali seeds. I'm only growing a few types of peppers and I want them all to grow true. I've had the worst luck/results trying to grow a Fatali plant the last three years. I'm really amped about the Mako Akokosrade, and I'm looking foward it's first fruit.

Due to rapid germ rates, I have more space in my humidity dome on my heat mat. I have decided to add one or to more varieties to my grow list. I was thinking maybe a Bahamian Goat Pepper, Bonda ma Jacques or Madame Jeanette. Decicisions, decicisions.....

Terravexti said:
What is the big differance between Bondas and Madem Jeanettes?

I do not know what those other ones are.  Sorry.
Just from a quick search it looks like that pepper is heat no fruity taste to it.  Jaques has a good flavor to it with the heat.  Also it would appear that the pepper you mentioned doesn't like cool temps.  

Back