• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Red Dirt Grow" PLANTOUT 5/4/14

It's that time of year again, although a couple weeks behind. I just arrived in Tennessee, moving from Wisconsin not even two weeks ago. The fam and I are all settled in and I'm officially ready to start some seeds! Being in a completely different part of the country, and growing in completely different soil than I'm used to, I still have high hopes. I'm sure I'll be able to whip a garden into shape in no time. I'm def gonna have to get out there very soon and till a large plot. Enough blabberin, I'll get to a list. I'll also list the seed source if I'm sure of where I got them. Seeds are going to soak in distilled water for 20-24 hours starting tonight or tomorrow morning and most will be put into Rapid Rooters soaked in a weak solution of Kangaroots and water, and a few in soil with a heat mat underneath the germ tray. I have a few Manzanos sprouted already, a couple Rennie clones, and a White Devils Tongue sprouted and working on it's first true set of leaves. I'll try to fill this with as much useful info, pics, and hopefully vids as I can. Thanks for checkin this out!

Added 1/21/14:

Brown Moruga - PepperLover
7 Pod Lava - PepperLover
Pink Tiger - Denniz via Enrico
Yaki Blue - Denniz via Enrico

Annuum:

Hungarian Hot Wax - Grocery Store find
Serrano
Jalapeno "Cracked" - PepperLover
Giant Jalapeno - PepperLover
Urfa Biber - Buckeye Peppers
Bells > Red, Yellow, Orange
Goat's Weed - from my 2013 grow

Chinense:

7 Pots:
White - PepperLover
Yellow - PepperLover
Bubblegum - Bjarnes, CMPMAN
Primo - Pepper Lover, and from saved seeds from my 2013 grow
Large Red - PepperLover
Original - PepperLover
SR Strain - RFC
Rennie Red - Cloned from last years plant
Rennie Brown - Buckeye Peppers

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw - Bakers via Fatalii.net
Chocolate Scorpion - from my 2013 grow
Red Bhut Jolokia - PepperLover
White Bhut Jolokia - Coheed
Bhut Orange Copenhagen - GaGrowhead
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp - RFC
Moruga Caramel - JungleRain
Moruga Chocolate - JungleRain
Carolina Reaper - from my 2013 grow
MoA Scotch Bonnet - from my 2013 grow
Bahamian Goat - JungleRain
Jamaican Hab - Walkgood
Habanero Cappuccino - JungleRain
Primo x Chocolate Hab - JungleRain
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet - AjiJoe
White Devil's Tongue - GaGrowhead
Red Habanero - Buckeye Peppers
Trinidad Congo Red - Buckeye Peppers

Frutescens:
Thai Orange - Buckeye Peppers

Pubescens:
Manzano - Seed Train (Arkennon?)

Welcome to Red Dirt.  Jamison.

You should have a pretty good clay, a long season,  and a lot fewer rocks on the Missisippi end.
I'm 5 miles outside TN on the opposite corner -clay and plenty of rocks

Compost is the name of the game.

Nice list, can't wait to see you work your magic with it.

Sawyer said:
Alright, a glog I'm not already behind on.  Nice list.  I think you'll like pepper growing in TN.

I feel ya there man! I'm pretty sure I'll like it too!

WalkGood said:
I'm in, clicked "follow dis mon" ... awesome list brethren, glad to see you growing MoAs again ... I'm looking forward to see how everyone's second gen MoAs look = )

Hab a great day!

Ramon! You know the MoAs will forever have a spot in my garden. Have some of your famous JA Habs soaking as well. I can't wait to see how the MoA's turn out too. Def something to be looking forward too. I wish I wouldn't have indulged soooo much on those last year, now I barely have any left. I did make some beef patties yesterday with a couple of JA Habs tho mon!

meatfreak said:
Good luck with the season, Jamison! Nice selection of varieties on that list :)
Thanks! I might have to add some more Jalapeno's tho I'm thinkin.

chsy83 said:
Welcome to TN! And . . . followed.

Thanks for the welcome! Was a little homesick at first, but loving it more day by day.

JJJessee said:
Welcome to Red Dirt.  Jamison.

You should have a pretty good clay, a long season,  and a lot fewer rocks on the Missisippi end.
I'm 5 miles outside TN on the opposite corner -clay and plenty of rocks

Compost is the name of the game.

Nice list, can't wait to see you work your magic with it.
Hey Jesse! Thanks for the info. The neighbor told me that the dead end road I live on use to be a cotton field, so might get lucky. I def am gonna start a compost pile in the very near future and probably a worm bin. Def looking forward to the longer season and warmer climate!

Blister said:
And the adventure begins... Good luck in the new settings!
Thanks Neil!

PepperLover said:
welcome home Jamison 
you will love it here, few weeks the will be temps back in the 70s
the dirt is red bcz it is rich in iron, pepper plants love it, it takes less fertilizer
Thank you Judy! Lovin it more and more each day. Such a beautiful state! Can't wait for 70's. Even these 40 degree days feel like spring to me lol. Thanks for the info. I've been meaning to research the soil around here and find somewhere to test it. I appreciate the welcome, and all the seeds as well!!

megahot said:
Nice list! Should make for a good yr for you. Looking forward to your pics :)
Thanks! Should be enough to keep me warm next winter. I'm also looking forward to seeing some my pics!!

Sawyer said:
I just noticed you're almost in MS.  Even better, I think, from a pepper-growing perspective.
LOL

jedisushi06 said:
Great list!

Thanks man!

Devv said:
Nice list Jamison!

I too think you will enjoy the climate and longer season. I had a place years ago with heavy orange soil dirt. I was the guy scarfing all the leaves peeps bagged and set on the curb, it turned out really nice!

Seeing any deer around the place?

Good luck this season!

Thanks Scott! Too funny about the leaf collecting. My yard is littered with leaves that I was gonna put to good use! Actually been seeing a few deer every time I've been driving. Mostly at night tho. All does, they're soo tiny around here. I'm use to them monsters up north. Seen a bigger doe tonight tho. They're def around. Got my boy out the other day for his first lesson on his compound. He's only 6, gotta start em young tho. He's loving it here, shooting bows and his BB guns.

PIC 1 said:
Jamison,
I bet you'll have "Bushels of Bonnets" before the years gone. Have fun with the sooner plantout...

Hey Greg! I'm def going for Bushels of Bonnets! Couldn't get enough of those things. Lookin forward to the early plant out.

maximumcapsicum said:
Love TN! Should be a fascinating grow. Great list!
I'm loving it too! Glad you found it. Should get interesting! Thanks for stoppin man.

@ spicy_echo:

Glad your following along man!

Reached my positivity quota already. How'd that happen!

Anyway, pics man! Enjoy the red dirt!

We got red clay down here. Of course I'm trying to make the asphalt bloom =).

Back