• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Good luck!
 Thanks Chris I need all the luck I can get:)

saugapepper said:
Great start Jamie, can't wait to see the 7 Pot Lava!

Conor my man. Always a pleasure. I too am excited to see what comes of the Lava :fire:

jedisushi06 said:
Did u get your plants back in the ground after it warmed back up? Looking forward to your grow this year. Let me know when those goodies I sent u get there please.

Yes I did Mike. They only stayed in the geerage for a day. But it is supposed to freeze again so back in the garage they go  :banghead:  I will let you know . Thanks

Nightshade said:
what is your final grow list? so far it sounds like it will be great year some very nice stuff already!! good luck

Rob, I never have a yearly grow list like most of you. I just start seeds any time I feel like it. I already have about 40 mature plants so with lack of funds and space to maintain I just slow grow. Started some brown moruga, bubblegum , manzano, rocoto, jigsaw and my green hornet naga cross( a not jays red ) that are getting bigger . Also  a evil jonah from wayright . 

capsidadburn said:
Good to see your grow going Jamie! Always fun to watch!

Mike

Thanks Mike. I will let you know when I start your cross and keep you posted on how it grows.  :D

Dang more cold weather still.  It's been fairly warm here.  Not sure if were going to get any more snow till spring.  We usually get snow at the end of april and into may.

Looks great!  I look forward to seeing your plants grow out.  Here in Central East coast Queensland we get to grow year round as well, and in the ground.  I am not sure if it has ever got to freezing here.  The coldest I have personally seen is 46F in the dead of winter!

jedisushi06 said:
Dang more cold weather still.  It's been fairly warm here.  Not sure if were going to get any more snow till spring.  We usually get snow at the end of april and into may.

That is  :crazy: snow until May. I don't envy you;) Wait i do envy you  :cool:

meatfreak said:
That's a fine selection of varieties in the Aerogarden, Jamie :) Will keep an close eye on your 2014 glog! Got an Zengrow over here that's still in the box  :oops: maybe I feel inspired and start up a few :D

Thank you Stefan. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve in 14!!!!!!!!!!

Trippa said:
Here we grow!! Looking forward to seeing some of those varieties in your aerogarden Romy!! ... Best of luck with the season ahead

Thank you Trista !!!!!!!!!! Hope I can dial the aerogarden in and set the tone for 2014. 

ivplay said:
Looks great!  I look forward to seeing your plants grow out.  Here in Central East coast Queensland we get to grow year round as well, and in the ground.  I am not sure if it has ever got to freezing here.  The coldest I have personally seen is 46F in the dead of winter!

Thanks for stopping in Jason. Your weather sounds somewhat similar to mine so I will be following your grow as well. Sounds a little better than mine  :)

Devv said:
Not luck, skill!

Good season a coming for sure Capt.!

Thank you Scotty. Nothing like your ginormous grow but sufficient  :lol:

stickman said:
Nice way to start the season brother Jamie... Good luck with 2014!

Thank you brother Rick. 

maximumcapsicum said:
Great looking start Jamie! Jealous of the space. Will be fun to follow along.

Thank you Adam. I used to have endless space until this guy came along.  :D

IMG_5074_zpsaf290fa7.jpg

I am still very blessed to have what I have. For those who missed last year here a few harvests. Hopefully I can get the same kinda yields this year. 

IMG_5075_zpsc7809c6c.jpg

photo_zps7107ee5b.jpg

photo_zps403a46f1.jpg

photo_zps486e3e30.jpg

photo_zpsa43203f4.jpg

Another THP member getting an aerogarden for Christmas. Santa must of ran out by the time he hit my house :) nice haul of pods last year. My pooch ( husky ) likes to eat my tomatoes right of the plants. Very funny to watch.

Back