• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Patrick's 2014 Grow Log

Yeeee freaking haaaa! It's that time of year can you believe it? I'll try to do a better job keeping the glog updated but don't hate me if I don't please!

Going to cut back on types and just grow a few this year. Absolutely fell in love with the Trinidad Scorpion Morouga from CPI last season so that will be my main grow. Got a few Sepia Serpents from SS that I'm intrigued by so a few of them. Had poor success with the Carolina Reaper last year so I'm going to give them another shot this season. Some 7 Pot Brain Strains and some 7 Pot Primo's will round things out. I imagine I'll be adding a few here and there as I can't never be happy with things at the beginning.

Best of luck to all of you and I hope you all have a wonderful season.

Let's get this grow thing on!!

Welcome back and good luck Patrick!
Keeping the varieties list short is not easy but worth imho ;)

Cya

Datil

Pics or it didn't happen, you guys slay me. My bad.

DSC034341024x768_zps0eee414f.jpg

39 started so far. On a heat mat with temps about 84. I'm doing good too, I've only checked on them once so far today. Ha!

Thanks all for the kind words and the welcome backs.

Good to see you again, Patrick and best of luck with the 2014 season! Hope you have a better one then last year's grow  :cheers:

Thanks again for the well wishes all!

Dulac those are 3 ounce Dixie cups. I usually go with the cup in a cup method but decided to just poke holes in the bottom of these and use a pan with a rim to hold the water until it gets absorbed. I will be growing the SB7J again. I have seeds from one pod that grew successfully back in 2012, nothing from 2013. I have some original seeds that were open pollinated I'm going to try too. Someone was kind enough to send me some from a 2013 grow but oh scatterbrained me can't find them.

Great to hear from you meatfreak, hope your grow goes well too. Last year was definitely a struggle. I'm letting my lawn service go, I want pepper plants more than I want a green lawn I guess. I doubt if my neighbors are happy but oh well.

Take care all!

patrick said:

Dulac those are 3 ounce Dixie cups. I usually go with the cup in a cup method but decided to just poke holes in the bottom of these and use a pan with a rim to hold the water until it gets absorbed. I will be growing the SB7J again. I have seeds from one pod that grew successfully back in 2012, nothing from 2013. I have some original seeds that were open pollinated I'm going to try too. Someone was kind enough to send me some from a 2013 grow but oh scatterbrained me can't find them.

Great to hear from you meatfreak, hope your grow goes well too. Last year was definitely a struggle. I'm letting my lawn service go, I want pepper plants more than I want a green lawn I guess. I doubt if my neighbors are happy but oh well.

Take care all!

Sounds wise, Patrick :) If you need some SB7J let me know, I still have few original F2 left from you, both isolated as non-isolated. Also got some F3 although the pods I had didn't look much like the F1.

Thanks Stefan, I'll let you know.

Hey hey millman! Good to hear from you. I will endeavor to persevere to follow through on my following through! Feel free to bark at me if I don't! Ha! How's that little lady doing?

Haha...go small or go home Patrick! I am in your boat. Almost didn't grow at all...but talked mama into letting me start a couple. Wilds is all....oh wait...maybe some Jals too...hmmm, can't go without some Big Jims...wait...what about MOAs...damn. Think she'll notice???

Update when you can brother, and I will be by when I can...deal???

patrick said:

I might try Dixie cups next year. I have F4 SB7J non-isolated seeds, but I've been selecting for a Scotch bonnet shape, which I plan to name atomic Scotch bonnet. I also have seeds from the gen that grew from the seeds you sent me that I can send 

Here is the F4 SB7J atomic Scotch bonnet so far:
9620228297_b739265893.jpg

A smaller version also grew for me, but I'm not growing them out. I can also send those if you're interested. They are interesting, mini SB7Js, lol:

9519145671_63f59d022e.jpg

There were other types that grew for me, but I found these two the most interesting. None had the SB7J look you were going for. I also had an F3 that showed no Scotch bonnet characteristics. They all tasted about the same and delicious :) .

Back