• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hurtsgood Growing Voyage 2014

This will be a fun year.

So I started this little endvore the beging of december. Like most things I read way to much into it so I decided to jump in.
So got hold of the seeds thank judy.
11/03/13

11/10/13-12/02/13
   Got hold of grown matt some trays and couple t-5 grow lights from local grow shop. I wanted to start little early becuse I grew some red bhuts last year that were slow growers.

• Using solo cups to sprount. Knocked 6-7 1/4 holes in the bottom

• Using mirchel grow seed mix seems ok for price.

• Whent to local grown shop bought couple trays with the domes I think they were "12x"24

• Got hold of 2 used hydro farm 4 feet single tubes. Ended up needing three so trip back

Seed list from peper lover
  • Bhuta jolokia white,red,brown.

• 7 pod red, large red, and orange

• 7 pod primo

• 7 brian yellow

• dorset naga

• Butch

• Scorpion orginal

• Large read cyane

Also got some seeds from ajiloe havent started this yet.
  • Red hab, Congo brown, regular brown

• 7 pod white

• Brown Scotch bonnet

• 7 pod burgundy

Last seeds I got from Nice person here on grown fourms GH to be persise Havent started this yet but working on it.
  • Giant white hab

• 7 pod white

•  jelly bean white hab

• Peruvian white hab

• White devils tounge

• Mystrey I know what they are but can you guees? Who ever guess I will send a small flat rate of peppers to at the end of the season. mwahaha.

12/03/13
Droped them in solo cup in humitdy domes with a grow matt. 5-6 seeds per cup. Used mirchel grow seed starter mix worked well.

My first seeding 12/07/13

First to pop was the white and red bhut along with the, 7 pod reds, dorset naga.

Was trying rock wool out to see if I might like it.

12/26/13
All right after couple weeks everydody is getting a little crowded in cups. This is red bhuta and i cant read cup so will go with I don`t know so take a stad at guessing if you want. Used happy frog of ration 10 solo cups of happy frog 3 cup loose coco and 1 cup perlite. They seem to be liking it you`ll see in next pics.

Guys below in the dome are butch t brown bhuta, red scorpion butch t.

At this point dicehead to abdon the rock wool. Plants were not growing like there soil cusions. So i gve them to local grow shop who said they wanted to start some plants indoor to show customers. I will take a pic when I make it down there they Have good prcies and used equip. Bought 3 t-5 off them for less then $50 they look brand new.

Here they are on 01/13/13

Strange coloring on leaves just on 7pod orange. One side is light green one is dark. Also has some dark spot on leaf.

Thanks all for likes and words.

Chilidude said:
Looks like some type of fertilizer deficiency.
I`m thinking it might be fert burn. I see no spreading.
White bhut

Dorset naga

I think I should have started this later.

Well found out my sister wont let me use her yard to grow as many plants as I wanted. So now I nedd to get rid of most of them if I want to maximize my grow area outside, and grow what I want.

Oh well i guess I throw an ad up in next couple days to sell them I`m sure there are pepper heads in the bay area. What do you guys think I should ask? I want to be fair as possible.

GA Growhead said:
Looking good Justin. Sucks to hear your space allocation has shrunk.
I'm sure someone will scoop those up!

Thanks Jason im sure ill figure it out.

tylerdodd25_92 said:
looks good... sucks that you have to get rid of some but you'll have more time to take care of the ones you have.
I'm not to worried about it. Just have to deal with what life gives you.

Plants are up for sale if your curious. Makes me little sad but better then just tossing them in garbage.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44935-plants-for-sale-bay-area-bhut-jolokia-7-pod-dorset-naga/

Little updae I guess. Just planted last of the seeds for this year wanted plant more but room is short.

planted 4 strains
Giant white hab.
If you can guees this one ill send you a box of peppers its from GHon forum.
Chocolate congo hab.
Red hab.

now what everyone likes pics.

the plants on far left are cyane that I started. And just repoted last night.

Haven't been able to get rid of any my plants. Even put an ad on Craigslist. Think im asking to much. Going drop price.

Looks great! Sucks you can't use your sisters place. Have you considered extortion? Surely you have some embarrassing stories you could threaten to tell all her friends? ;)

spysee said:
Looks great! Sucks you can't use your sisters place. Have you considered extortion? Surely you have some embarrassing stories you could threaten to tell all her friends? ;)
Yeah I wish. If only it were that easy. I still have my back yard it just gets little sun and not as big and sunny as my sisters.

GA Growhead said:
Plants are super green!
Thanks. They were yellow as you can see from the first pics in the thread. Thought might be coco i mixed with soil. Then all strted turing real green. I dont what i`m doing but it seems to work.

GA Growhead said:
Keep it up Justin! It's working... whatever your doing!
thanks gh.

Little update had a giant white hab sprout otherday. Here is pic you can see little guy if look close enough.

pic of white bhut with flowers.

and here is pic of a leaf I took off white bhut has couple brown spots on it. Makes me little nervous. Other leafs look fine on the plant. It the leaf on left.

leaf undetside.

Other plants look great just waiting for the last freeze in my area then they go outside.

Wow been about a month I guess well update time.

harden my plants off to the outside have given alot of them away also. Might end up with 15 out
of the 40 I started.

wanted save money so for my potting mix I went and got a yard of plater mix from a local store. Half of it I split with some one so I mixed in the other 13 cubic feet 1cf chicken maure, 2cf of steer,2cf of perlite and half bag bone mill.

Now im woundering if I should mixed in sand.
if yo look some plants look droopy other are nice looking im going wait a day or 2 and see.
Droopy plant

happy plants

droopy and happy

now on to my next concer plants with what I think I have diseases.

these first pics are plants that I previously posted about. This spots I dont know what the heck they are for life of me, but there only on the white bhuts.

now disease #2.I think this might be rust. Its only on top of the leafs. It's mostly been on the orange 7pods but I have found it on couple others.

Little update.
so I had to repot my plants in new soil. The stuff I got hold of turned my plants yellow and leaves strated fallng off.
Used some cheap soil from home depot. There actully growing now.
cardi which was a runt now growing like a weed.

Yellow scorpion.

and rest of plants.

more pics tommarow.

Back