• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

thecollegekid's first GLOG

I have wanted to start the time consuming process of a GLOG for the last couple years. School has gotten the best of me but i think i will be able to squeeze the time to create one this year and actually enjoy it rather than stress me out. I have started 60+ varieties of bhuts, 7pots, TS, and habs the other day in horticubes. I planted two flats of 108 cubes/flat with 3 cells for each variety. Currently two days later they are starting to send out roots. I will get pictures up later but I am currently at my research lab and bored so I thought I would start the thread. I look forward to sharing my season with you. 
As far as where I will be planting, I currently am a Grad student at OU and have the ability to use their greenhouse to harden off my plants. I will still start all seeds at my house under grow lights and move them when they are strong enough and potted up. We have a garden here at school which consists of 2 60'x80' plots of dirt. Last year I planted nearly 100 plants down two rows equaling 120' of peppers. They exploded to around 6' in length by the end of the season so I know they like the heat here. I will post the other plans for the garden to come but I basically am in charge of it and have free reign over the layout. I also get the tilling done for free and have volunteers to weed. It's quite nice. 

to start off, heres a picture of one of the final harvest last year before the frost. 

cruzzfish said:
Nice. You should grow some plants indoors to avoid harvesting green peppers this year.
Yea. Although I can use the greenhouse space for seedlings they didn't want me taking over an entire one with overwinters. I tried though. 

Looks like I'm not the only one trying to grow plants at school then. Difference being mine's a high school. I'm pretty annoyed because the robotics team stole the greenhouse so I can't use it, and the rest of the student body had a problem with me setting up 2k lumens grow lights in the cell culture room for some reason. It must have been my ridiculous immaturity earlier involving a mirror and a rotten egg.

Good luck this season.

Can't beat the layout you have access to. I work for a school district that has a beautiful $40,000.00 greenhouse that sits unused and now decaying, been trying for a few years to get them to do something..

Its about time I made an update. So my first two flats of the horticubes are sprouting nicely under the lights. I just planted the second round of mild and sweet peppers with the list provided. There will be over 100 total varieties and I have around 1200 cells started. We will see how many I end up planting out come april when the weather is nice. 

Indoor set up in guest room. Need to build a structure for my other two lights that each hold 4 flats a piece.
IMG_2028_zps8f9aa294.jpg

Close up on the super hot sprouts
IMG_2031_zpsb3a3a0e7.jpg

3 flats of milds and sweets. Tiny plugs with 288 cells per tray
IMG_2032_zpsac8926fc.jpg

Mild and sweet list
IMG_2027_zps55e4a52a.jpg

I realized I havent uploaded the list for the supers yet so i will do that when I get home. 

Happy growing.

Back