•  

The 10th Annual Hot Pepper Awards Winners Announced!

Photo

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

• Please log in to reply
548 replies to this topic

#41 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Doubled my lights just now!  Got the wrong bulbs, 2 are 23W and 2 are 13W.  Im going to roll with it and see what happens.  Try and post some pictures tomorrow tired as all hell now.

Edited by JoeFish, 03 February 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 beerbreath81

beerbreath81

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Planted 6 new pepper varieties and 1 new tomato varieties.  Thanks beerbreath81!

Unknown - Bakers Peppers

Datil Yellow

Rooster Spur

Golden Pepperocinni Greek

Fatalii Yellow

Aji Limo

Your welcome, glad you decided to go start from seed this year..I got really good results from those Limo's I think they were first from dirt, never tried but looking forward to them.

#43 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Got some pictures I promised yesterday.  If anyone is still checking me out on here.

Here is a picture from the inside of the grow/seed starting tent.

2lv040n.jpg

Here is some true leaves!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!! Terrible picture but they are there!! First EVER pepper leaves.......

20z2n2q.jpg

Ooopppps  almost forgot a pretty good shot of the 3 leaf seedlings I've been talking about.

2dhrxva.jpg

#44 Pinoy83

Pinoy83

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

babies looking good......

#45 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

babies looking good......

Thank you!
  • Tex likes this

#46 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Also sowed 10 Peter Pepper Reds today!!

#47 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Updates coming tonight I hope... Been busy plenty of new seedlings to show off.

#48 Sawyer

Sawyer

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • aka:Sawyer

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

Looks like you're off to a good start.  You might have some light uniformity problems with just those bulbs.  I use T12s for germinating, but only because I've had them forever.  A lot of people use T8s or T5s.  When I have to replace the T12s, I'll probably get some T8s.  6500K spectrum.  I'm also getting ready to experiment with some LEDs.  For the grow-out stage I have a bunch of 23W 6500K CFLs like yours.  And a bright south-facing picture window.

#49 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Looks like you're off to a good start.  You might have some light uniformity problems with just those bulbs.  I use T12s for germinating, but only because I've had them forever.  A lot of people use T8s or T5s.  When I have to replace the T12s, I'll probably get some T8s.  6500K spectrum.  I'm also getting ready to experiment with some LEDs.  For the grow-out stage I have a bunch of 23W 6500K CFLs like yours.  And a bright south-facing picture window.

Yeah I was wondering about the spacing between the lights.  I bought some small floro light fixtures and all I have to do is rig them up and get some bulbs.  Maybe I will get some T8's I guess. 

I need me a south facing picture windows!

Got all of my new varieties up and rolling.  Transplanted some of my 1/18 peppers into solo cups.  Pictures soon (I'm so lazy)

#50 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Alright I got off my butt and decided to post some pictures.  All of these pictures were taken after I knocked the transplants in the floor accidently so hopefully these things make it to the garden.  They were all in the floor potting mix everywhere it was a disaster.  I was mad and cussing but it was my fault so I wasn't to hard on myself about it.

Anyways here we go...All these seeds were provided to me by beerbreath81.

Rooster Spur

262a4p5.jpg

Golden Pepperocinni Greek

sqp24j.jpg

1 of 2 Fatalli I had come up.  Still waiting on 10 to come up.

e1cahg.jpg

Aji Limo

2h6zghk.jpg

The seedling dome of doom.

3149jdk.jpg

#51 Penny

Penny

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Nice seedlings and set up!! :)

#52 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

My Transplants:

otzujt.jpg

2unxzro.jpg

15oj6n4.jpg

Nice seedlings and set up!! :)

Thanks

#53 beerbreath81

beerbreath81

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Looking good, what type of bulb is that (with cups)? What is your lighting schedule?

#54 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

They are "grow lights" they are 7500k I think. I will probably go to a 6500k if they don't work out. Tell me what you guys think.

I have the lights on a timer an they are running from 5am to 8pm.

#55 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,430 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

Looking good Joe!

Good luck this season!

I'm ready to see cowpies float. Bring it on!

#56 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

Looking good Joe!

Good luck this season!

Thank you sir!  If you see anything I can improve, please let me know. 

#57 Jeff H

Jeff H

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,613 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

So far so good Joe. Not much to comment on other than what was said already about the light uniformity if the clf bulbs and reflectors. Fluorescent tubes or a different clf setup will give better coverage. 

For Real, in my kitchen!  ...Or if not, then we'll be at Scovie's watching him rub his butt...

#58 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,050 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Looking great Joe! Glad Mr. Breath pushed you in the germ pool! One of my favorite parts of growing is finding new and different varieties popping! Your choice of CFL's is good....I use a mix of 5000k and 6500k and do very well. I will be watching your progress...

by the way, I used to get after Ducks, but out here in Cali it's just too damn hard and expensive. 7 hr round trip to hell (Salton Sea) just to smack a few. Throw in having to win a lottery for choice of location and if not take the leftovers nobody wants to hunt...or not get in at all. (first draw at 3am) so you have to leave home before midnight to get there in time to have a hope of getting on a spot. Ugghhhh....

stc3248's 2014 grow log
www.imarunnut.blogspot.com/

#59 Miniac67

Miniac67

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:43 AM

nice looking good

#60 JoeFish

JoeFish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Looking great Joe! Glad Mr. Breath pushed you in the germ pool! One of my favorite parts of growing is finding new and different varieties popping! Your choice of CFL's is good....I use a mix of 5000k and 6500k and do very well. I will be watching your progress...

by the way, I used to get after Ducks, but out here in Cali it's just too damn hard and expensive. 7 hr round trip to hell (Salton Sea) just to smack a few. Throw in having to win a lottery for choice of location and if not take the leftovers nobody wants to hunt...or not get in at all. (first draw at 3am) so you have to leave home before midnight to get there in time to have a hope of getting on a spot. Ugghhhh....

Couldn't imagine all that to kill some ducks. Our public land is 10 mins from my house and I have to admit we got lots of ducks and plenty of space for everyone. Thanks for checking out my GLOG!!

Can anyone tell me the best place for some Assam seeds? I have ate a lot of ghost pepper seasonings/food and I am only growing 2 bhut plants this year... I figure I'll throw. 3rd one in there for good measure. Just to be sure the Indian carbon and the Assam are the same correct?

Edited by JoeFish, 12 February 2014 - 09:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests