Guinness Book of Records Challenge

[SIZE=10pt]Guinness Book of Records -  Smokin Ed’s Carolina Reaper Challenge[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]New York’s own High River Sauces proudly presents the 2nd Annual New York City Hot Sauce Expo on March 29th and 30th . This year’s Expo will host only the best artisanal sauce companies in the United States. Last year’s Expo proved to be a capsaicin rush for all who attended including ticket holders and vendors a like. This year organizers are turning up the heat with spicy drinks, craft beers from Laginitas Brewery, insane eating challenges, hot sauce tastings and the prestigious Screaming Mi Mi Award Show. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]One of the highlights of the Expo is on Sunday, March 30th at 4 PM EST. The Puckerbutt Pepper Company “Presents the Smokin’ Ed’s Carolina Reaper Eating Challenge” which the Guinness Book of Records will be on hand to judge and declare the winner with the World Record for eating the most Smokin’ Ed’s Carolina Reaper Peppers in 60 seconds. This eating challenge will be one of the most anticipated events in fiery foods and professional eating industries combined. Many will enter but only one will survive the wrath. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Of all the shows we have scheduled for the year, the NYC Hot Sauce Expo is the one we are most excited about,” said Currie. “Not only do I get to bring the HEAT to my hometown, but we are going to roll out the first EVER Guinness World Record-Winning Smokin’ Ed’s Carolina Reaper Eating Contest.  We are expecting giants from all over the globe to try to win this title.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]To enter the eating challenges and for a full schedule of events please check out this link. http://www.nychotsauceexpo.com/schedule.php [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The 2nd Annual New York City Hot Sauce Expo[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]March 29th & 30th 2014[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]401 7th Ave[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]New York, NY 10001[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]www.NYCHotSauceExpo.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Official website: www.NYCHotSauceExpo.com [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Facebook: www.facebook.com/NewYorkCityHotSauceExpo [/SIZE]

That would be Steve "The Machine" Smallwood. He's one of those folks that can eat record counts of searing hot chiles in record time. Here is a clip where he ate 8 ghost chiles in 1 minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFONNi0Lmoo

What do they mean by 'eat'. Eat and keep down or just eat and swallow? Because there is nothing stopping me from stuffing them in 10 at a time and projectile vomiting magma out later. After the first 3 it gets a lot easier.

With the slow heat build of the Reaper, I bet they get quite a few down in 60 sec. If the Biz is going, I'll root for him, but Steve has beaten him all the other times, so he is the best bet.

I'll be there to compete. I will be honored just to share a table with some of these insane chileheads. I think my mind will be able to withstand the pain, I just hope my body will too. 

Why the 60 seconds? Is that standard? You would think that allowing a little more time would separate those who can eat things fast from those who can eat a lot of really freaking scorching hot chilies... which is really what it's all about right? I mean even the reviewers chew each chili for a minute alone just to break out all the good stuff. Hrmm...

I couldn't by any means eat a reaper or any super whole at the point I'm at, but still, challenge seems a bit weak to me. :rolleyes:

5 minutes. Now that would be a show I'd pay to see.

Challenge over. Surprisingly, the Machine actually had one of the slowest times. I came in 3rd and the winner clocked in at an incredible 12 seconds. 

Looked on youtube but couldn't find a clip. Is there footage?

JayT said:
My money is on him.  I'll take The Machine vs. the field for $1000
giphy1_zpsfd7a13f8.gif

"Naw, machine is good, but I took out a whole pepper plantation with my buddies last year. Hot, yea, but I hit that like a fat kid with M&Ms."

Back