• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Saw this commercially available sauce in the market ystrdy...

... and snatched it up. Was aware of this Texas company before but never bought any because I gravitate towards hotter stuff & never saw anything from them on the shelves here hotter than jalapeno. Anyway, I saw their prominent end cap display (prolly because its super bowl weekend here in the States so people like to have finger food and salsa among other things) so the store displayed it where everyone could see it. Looked at the side of the bottle when I got home and was pleasantly surprised to see this (you might need a magnifying glass) but it says portion of the proceeds to go to further investigate properties of capsacin at New Mexico State University):

12237027523_61d4e3ff73.jpg

heres what the front label looks like:

ghostpeppersalsa_lg_large.jpeg

not endorsing anything because I won't even open it until tomorrow but seems like something I'd like, hot sauce without extracts.

***edit- "salsa", after people pointed it out to me in the thread title. I labeled it salsa in the body but sauce in the thread title & body. Oops! :oops:

Ah yes the ghost salsa.  Their is another thread kicking around THP about this product.  I have a jar in the fridge and one in the pantry.  If I am not making my own fresh salsa, this is the only one I will eat.  

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Well I am confused, it is a salsa and not a hot sauce.....
It's a salsa, and a damn tasty one at that IMO.

I've been through a couple jars in the last few weeks
Intersesting about some of the proceeds going to NMSU.
I didn't notice that before.

Decent salsa. For most the past year, my local Target has it for $3.29. I always have some on hand along with Juanita's chips.

Their pickled japs are second to none as well!

TexasHotPeppers said:
I agree, for a commercial salsa its got a pretty nice kick. Its about the only store bought stuff I'll bother with.

Hey welcome from the other side of the metroplex!

hottoddy said:
Decent salsa. For most the past year, my local Target has it for $3.29. I always have some on hand along with Juanita's chips.
All I have to do now is get chips for tomorrow or Sunday when I open it. Might have to see if I can get some Nana's Cocina tortilla chips. They're made local here.

No need to correct yourself, since salsa is Spanish for sauce anyway. I know in colloquial use here in the States, we use salsa for the chunky stuff you dip tortilla chips in, but yeah...I've seen that before, never tried it, though there is a brand at my local Wal-Mart called Jardine's that has a Ghost Pepper salsa, might give that a go one of these days.

Back