• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Super Bowl Throwdown III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Anything goes! However, it must all be presented on one plate. Even if it is a huge ass plate, lol. So one item, multiple items, samplers, feasts, whatev! The ONLY side dishes may be salsas/sauces and chips.

So you have your main plate, with whatever and however many of whatever you want... and if any require dipping you have your side dishes with dips/sauces, and if you make a slammin' salsa, the chips may also be in a side bowl. That means you could enter salsa as the main dish, with the chips on the side. But I doubt you'd do that. Add it as a part of your feast!!!!!!!!!!! Or, enter one item. It's all up to you!

Drinks: May be shown in pics, and if cocktails, the recipe may be posted.

The voters will be asked to vote for what they think is the best entry for a Super Bowl party, so think finger food, think hand food, think outside the box, get creative, and... BEGIN!

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry

Edited Rule: You are allowed one pic per entry item as well as one overall. This does not include the side sauces/chips, only the items on the plate. So 3 items on the plate, 2 sauces = 4 pics. Of anything you want, but 4.

PoL: .48

ENDS: Monday 4:00 PM EST

Let's get this party started!

The only bad part about this is we'll only see a few prep pics until Sunday night or Monday!  :lol:

Prepping as much as I can tonight so I can drink my face off tomorrow. Going with an Asian, Mexican, and American trio!

I dunno' what I'll be doin'.

mrs. blues wants chicken enchies casserole style for game day.

Plah!

I don't want no stinkin' chicken.

Maybe casserole shrimp enchies.

Chicken enchies aren't very finger food friendly.  I'd still eat 'em with a fork and be happy.  :D

teaser and SALSA!

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

Black Bean and Corn Salsa.  Hey Boss, THIS is a salsa you could make a meal out of! 

IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

POL  

I had to throw some "buds" in one of my offerings in honor of the great states of Colorado and Washington.

001_zpsd76bf2a0.jpg

What's in that tupperware?

002_zps20b66db5.jpg

004_zps923675d8.jpg

006_zps3a064734.jpg

Hopping in the tub for a nice 24 hr soak...

008_zpsed5f4b37.jpg

looking good, Husker~  Go Buds! 

:cool:   that's why it's called "teaser" pics....;)  :D

texas blues said:
What the Sam Hell?

SL where's your thumb ring?????

She actually posted some meat and not quinoia!!!!! No thumb ring required :lol:

Poundage of Carne!!!  which is apropos since there will be carnage tomorrow.

Quinoa is on the shopping list for next weekend, along with pork, pork, beef, maybe some lamb?, more pork..... does that still require a thumb ring?  I think I can find my mood ring..... :lol:

edit- AH!  TB's talking about the chip-n-dip pic! 

That aint peanut butter but that is a pound of bacon...

001_zps41037925.jpg

These aren't done yet.  They still need one more embellishment before getting cooked. Made this recipe up and I am thinking it will be a keeper!

003_zps79af9f29.jpg

Husker with the shallow depth of field!

BOOYA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back