• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Recipies with Reapers?

Since I'm growing reapers this year, I figured I should find out some uses for the pods besides the occasional snack for myself and my enemies.  I don't know of any recipes that warrant a throat burn as intense as the reaper's.  What have you guys come up with?

You can sub the reapers in any sauce recipe calling for habanero-type chiles or red jalapenos, or other red chiles. 

Here's a bunch  of recipes to get you started -

make AJ's puree recipe
dry & powder
freeze for later use
do a little ferment

Have Fun!!!  :D

SL

I put a "bit" (or so I thought) of reaper powder I made on my pizza a few days ago. (This was after the first few slices with a copious amount of ghost pepper--no problem! let's kick it up a notch. I used a tenth the amount of the ghost) Amazing flavor....until the tears came! Even then it wasn't so bad....I mean... eating spicy food is my thing, and the pain goes away, right? Until the next day came...

Don't fear the reaper. Respect it and use in smaller than you think doses. 

That's all I have to offer. Powder it, and add sparingly.

I'm planning on putting reaper power in pizza and buffalo wing sauce, but definitely be careful of not putting too much!

Hophead said:
Reaper poppers should do the trick. ;)
Dear lord! :mouthonfire:      I suppose they are bite sized though!

Powdering seems like the best option, I was just hoping for something a little more creative :dance:

Back