• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video First Year Growing/YouTube

Hey Everyone.

Im not really "new" to the forum, but I did just make my account tonight.  Ive been reading things on here for over a year, and just recently started my own grow.  I have decided to put my grow on youtube as sort of a "how to" guide, and I'm looking to get some feedback on things I'm doing right and doing wrong.  Any feedback would be great, thanks.
-Proud New Member of The Pepper Community

First off, I just want to say, please don't cross post; you have this posted in three different places. Makes you look like you are spamming for views. Also, perhaps shooting in landscape would be better next time? There is an attachment for iPhones that allows you to shoot in landscape one handed.  Other than that, good first video, especially talking about your mistakes and how you learned from them.

Personally I have had fantastic results just putting those baggies on top of my router or fridge. I only use the baggie method to pre-germinate. Once I see the root, I plant them into a seed tray on top my heat mat and wait for hooks. This has, for me, produced the most consistent and speedy germination.

I also replanted my seedlings to bury their stems like you did (before they had true leaves), but didn't experience any issues. I think the trick is to keep your soil as intact as you can so you don't disturb the roots.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input.  Yeah, the first thing I said was "Damn, I should have shot landscape".  And I apologize for cross posting.  It is a way for me to spam for views, but I'm also trying to get aquainted with more of the community.  I have so many plans and ideas, and differen't parts of the forum appeal to me.  I do make sauces, I am growing, I am new, and I am willing to trade/send/share products.  But, I do understand the rules and want to abide by them, so you won't see that from me again.

You can xpost to reddit.com/r/hotpeppers , forums.gardenweb.com/forums/pepper/

and yeah landscape is a must.. Also kinda shaky with the cam and never show you actually talking, if you're trying to connect with your viewers maybe do that.

ZackTheLion said:

Back