• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD Chilehead 2014 Glog

Thanks Spicegeist. Heres some more pics View attachment 9518 Soaking for 20hrs or so. View attachment 9519 I put them in moist paper towls in to ziplock bags and label. I put them on the heating mat insulated between a kitchen towl and set thermostat at around 80 degrees. On the third day in the bags. Had first sprout. The rest came about 5-6 days later. I expose the seeds to air every night for a few minutes and spray them with water and back in the bag they go.

Just trying to get up to date. Put the sprouts in the soil on 2/3/14. View attachment 9530 View attachment 9531 View attachment 9533 After 2 weeks some didnt sprout so I cut them put them in new paper towls. Two days later had sprouts.
A pic on 2/14/14. View attachment 9535 Some pics today. View attachment 9536 CPI Scorpion View attachment 9537 CPI Bhut View attachment 9538 Reaper View attachment 9539 Putting the Annuums in germination chamber (aka paper towl ziplock baggy). View attachment 9540 Well thats it for now. I think Im up to date.

Great start and it's nice to see healthy seedlings. Pepper roots will travel, unless they're sitting in wet soil. Your containers look fine, I'd recommend bottom watering if you aren't already. The plants will take off faster with the dry soil above (air) and the moisture at the bottom root zone.
Have fun with the Glog...it can be addicting

PIC 1 Thanks for the tips. I have been top watering will switch to bottom and try it. The Glogs are fantastic on this site. The site as a whole is addicting. I'm trying not to be a nuisance. It seems this community is very friendly and most of us are passionate at what we do. Any advice is helpful. I'm open for suggestion. Thanks everyone.

Just an update. Bottom watered for the first time today after taking PIC 1's advice. Thanks again. Added a little ageold fish and kelp along with a little calcium. Didn't go overboard with the soak. Preparing a spot in my garage for them when its time to repot. There in a corner in my dining room right now. Garage is not heated so working on good insulation and hoping three 4foot /4bulb /t12s boxed in will keep it warm enough until May.

Spicegeist said:
How many bhut plants are you planning on growing out?
I think I'm down to 8-9 Bhuts.
Teurf said:
Looking good Chilehead! Keep up the organized work, it's awesome.

What kind of soil are you using?

Teurf
As of now its MG organics choice and Jiffy seed starting mix. Not sure on the final mix. Depends on if my compost takes off. I have been thinking Coir/moss, manure , perlite mix for SIP's I made. Thanks Teurf. If anybody has some suggestions for SIP mix I'm open ears.

My girlfriend brought this home for me. I thought some of the gnats would get a kick out it.
20140226_113454.JPG
Since I am here. I have got 1out of 20 Tepin to germinate. Just put her to soil along with 8 Sadabahar, and 18 Rat tails. The Tepins are the hardest to germinate to date but I am intrigued by the wild varieties.

Back