• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicy Chickens MMXIV Glog - Hobby Grow

welcome_to_spicy_chickens_grow_log.jpg

This years grow will be somewhat [SIZE=18.18181800842285px]disappointing comparatively speaking, my wife and I decided last night to only plant the circle raised beds this year.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18.18181800842285px]Each bed holds 12 plants conservatively X 20 will only be 240 plants; all Reapers and for no particular reason; just to have something growing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18.18181800842285px]Some of you may have seen my thread in the Lounge about a barn conversion and this will take priority over the dedication it take to grow our normal thousands of plants. ;-([/SIZE]

We did plant 2548 reaper seeds, we will [SIZE=18.18181800842285px]transplant[/SIZE] what germinates and try to sell locally anything over 240
All of the plants will be topped and stripped this year again, so if you are interested in that stay tuned.

Once again I may not have time to respond to all of your replies, but you will know I read them with a like. Please no Like trolls. lol

Seeding by hand this year with only one seed per cell, limited on seeds.

2014_Grow_001.jpg

To save space and heat we stacked them [SIZE=18.18181800842285px]until[/SIZE] they pop.

2014_Grow_002.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!! Cheers - Jeff
Edit: The writing on the first pic is incorrect and what we first thought we would do. so don't ask :rofl:

I just read your 2013 Glog and was HIGHLY impressed with your perfectionism on your growing and the way you take care of your property and equipment.  Your skills are very professional many Kudos!! I am going to turn ½ my garage into a germination/drying room thanks to all your hard work and design skills you cut mine in ½. Can’t wait to see this grow.

Jeff,

Your "hobbies" as you call them are truly inspiring.  You continue to give me, and I'm sure others great ideas to use in our own grows.  Thanks you for your detailed posting, they have helped me in my own grow for sure this year. Modified slightly I built my shelves of of yours, (undermounted lighted) I am planning my garden rows off your tutorial as well. I will definatly be paying attention to both your grow and your barn conversion. 

Thanks!!

Awesome! I have enjoyed your grows since finding THP.
May we ask what the source is of your reaper seeds? Having seen variance with them last season, I will enjoy to see what comes from you 240. I had three plants, last season, that grew somewhat true. No picture perfect pods with tails, but nice rough looking super hot pods.
Best of luck this season!

GA Growhead said:
Awesome! I have enjoyed your grows since finding THP.
May we ask what the source is of your reaper seeds? Having seen variance with them last season, I will enjoy to see what comes from you 240. I had three plants, last season, that grew somewhat true. No picture perfect pods with tails, but nice rough looking super hot pods.
Best of luck this season!

Thanks GA, originally from pepper joe, out of 70 reaper seeds planted last year 24 germinated and only 7 plants had the true phenotype and that is where my seeds came from for this years plants.

Ya so lots of variance last year, even had one plant that had the right shape, roughness with nice long tails but the pods were bitch black, still hotter than heck but went into the mystery ben and now mystery dust. 

Should be interesting what grows this year out of the 240, be lucky if a 100 are true I suppose.

Thanks for stopping by! Cheers - Jeff 

welcome_to_another_update.jpg

We have life and many still poppin, looks like plenty for the circle beds. :dance: 

2014_Grow_004.JPG

2014_Grow_003.JPG

I know, way behind everyone else and you seen these little guy about a gazillion time already but exciting to me.

I see there are a few with 2 per cell, good thing the eye doctors appointment is day after tomorrow. lol

Thanks for stopping by! Cheers - Jeff

Wow Jeff, first off I really like the opening pic you have, really a great collage of your past grows and the work you've done on the property. 

The grow's coming right along but I'm a little worried that once those pods of fire start coming in I'm going to look at  your web page and your newest product is going to be "Smokin Reaper Nuts"  :rofl:

I know they'd sell but mam oh man, what fun you can have with the name.

Great start ... But do we expect anything less from you ;) ?? Best of luck with your season ahead ... I am also keen to see some pictures of your barn conversion on here. If your gardens are anything to go by the conversion should be a work of art!!

Back