• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Chimichurri (from Argentina)

As with everything in Argentina, there are a thousand ways to make the "chimi" and everyone believes he has the ultimate formula, so this is only a guide to how I do it. 

we use it to roast the meat on the grill, and then also for dipping the cooked meat.

Ingredients: 
Garlic
Peregil (or cilantro) 
Peppers 
Black pepper (grain) 
Salt 
vinegar 
Sunflower oil 

Instructions: 
Chop fine 
Mix everything 
Resting one day 

As a sauce without cooking is recommended to consume within one week of preparation.

y5egasu8.jpg
jehe3aqe.jpg
ydyzaqe5.jpg
4e2eba2e.jpg

Nice, thanks!
I love when someone posts from their country, no question if it's the real deal or not.
I use flat leaf parsley. Is that the same as peregil?
And you say you can also use cilantro. I never do that, too overpowering, and tastes too... I dunno, Mexican, or taco condimentish. I like the herbal taste on beef, and that's what I use this on. STEAK!

This looks good. I'll have to try it. The Peregil in your first picture looks like parsley. Can you tell me more about Peregil?

Sorry, I mean perejil. Its the same as parsley.

Nice, thanks!
I love when someone posts from their country, no question if it's the real deal or not.
I use flat leaf parsley. Is that the same as peregil?
And you say you can also use cilantro. I never do that, too overpowering, and tastes too.. I dunno, Mexican, or taco condimentish. I like the herbal taste on beef, and that's what I use this on. STEAK!

Me neither use cilantro 'cause is hard to find in markets here.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Nice, I got my recipe from South American :) Ours is almost exactly the same except I use fresh oregano as well. A local family in Chile who had friends over from Argentina shared their secret. I am addicted to chimichurri and I agree, cilantro has no place in it!

Here is the recipe I use

http://www.heatmadesimple.com/cooking/cayenne-indonesian-recipes.html

Yes, some people add oregano but I dont like so much in the chimi.
You can also add pimentón (sweed pepper powder) to add some color.

Do you know what the official name of the "puto de parilla" peppers are that they use there?

My wife is from Argentina.  We have consumed many gallons of chimichurri with molleja, bife de chorizo, lomo, and even chicken that you prepare in a funny way that looks like a frog.   LOL!

I dont know any puto de parrilla... Here there are "puta parió" or kitucho, a wild chacoense from north Argentina, in Salta.
This year i will grow it, next month i start seeding!

I see the 'puta pario' that is sold at most of the nurseries, and it doesn't look anything like the ones that we eat in Argentina.  The ones that we have aren't the little round dots - they're long pointy fingers, and at the markets that sell them, they are sold in a variety of colors (based on maturity when picked) from green to yellow to red.

Right here there is much controversy about the true puta parió. Here many people call puta parió to any hot pepper, no matter what. The more tradicional local pepper is the kitucho, so imho, this one should be called puta parió.

fuja.jpg
5s30.jpg

Back