• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Dog Repellent?

How do I keep dogs out of my yard? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate dogs, I actually like most of them and they seem to like me. lol But when they come around shitting in my yard, that's a declaration of war. I have talked to my neighbor (dog owner) and she is, to say the least... A beeotch. She claims to have an invisible fence but the two dogs are always leaving fresh tracks in the snow. Other neighbors have complained and even an elderly woman that walks the road has been knocked down by these two dogs. When I am home and see them, I yell "go home!" And they turn tail and run away but every morning I wake up to fresh tracks in the snow and everyday when I get home from work, there's more.

There is nothing here attracting them (yet) but I don't think that I should be responsible for building a fence around my property since I am not the one that owns a fucking dog! I have no problem "dispatching" these dogs but I don't want it to come to that, it's not their fault. Cops and animal control won't do anything because this is a very rural area and they don't want to deal with it. I cant necessarily blame them.

My question is, has anyone used or made up some sort of repellent spray or used a high pitched sonic, electronic, bionic, device to repel dogs? If this keeps up when summer comes, the outcome will not be favorable to the dogs or their owner. Thanks for any advice.

I was going to use the ole BB Gun when I tried this and it worked for me. Won't work in snow I don't think. Petco

Four Paws Keep Off! Outdoor Dog & Cat Repellent

Internet Price: $17.99   Today's Price: $14.39  (Save 20%)

Shop All Products By Four Paws
  • Will repel up to 24 hours when applied daily
  • Keeps dogs and cats away from trees, shrubs, garbage cans/bags and other forbidden areas
  • Will reduce the frequency of defecation and urination by dogs on lawns and flower gardens

I would set up motion sensor lights aimed directly at her house preferably bedroom so it lights her up when they are walking by, or like mentioned a horn or alarm.

pellet gun with flat-tip pellets!  Doesn't hel;p when you're not home though....

If they have a set path they usually use, sprinkle it with a bunch of cayenne powder, or if you can, make some kind of a sticky something that will stick to their feet when they walk through it but when they lick it off... :mouthonfire:  I'm thinking honey or molassas mixed with cayenne.  I'm saying cayenne because you can get bottles of it for a buck at the Dollar store...maybe even Hanks...they used to have those cheap herbs/spices.

set out bait pans with food scraps and put the cayenne powder/sticky all around.  

sprinkle a wide swath where they are coming into the yard so there's no way to get in without crossing a 2'wide chile powder perimeter.

Be a shame to punish dogs for being well...dogs.

They do what they do.

You don't need dog repellant.

You need neighbor repellant.

Had a neighbor once that always let her dogs out to roam around and they'd come and drop a deuce in my yard. 

Finally I started bagging up the dog crap and putting it back on her front porch with a note.

"Your dog left this in my yard and thought you might want it back."

After doing that about 5 times the problem stopped.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have eaten them in Central America. They remind me more of frog legs than chicken :)

Well, I was gonna say Gator, but I thought chicken was more identifiable with the masses.  ;)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have posted this in a few threads, best air guns on the market. You can kill small game with them :)

http://www.gamousa.com/family.aspx?familyID=71

If we are going for quiet, a decent suppressor will keep the before mentined 1911 pretty quiet and you won't have to worry about not bringing enough gun. :D
ti-rant-45.jpg

I am thinking a high pitched Ultrasonic Pest repellant like this:

http://www.pestnoproblem.com/product/878312000038

It works for deer rats, dogs raccoons etc. And has a standby mode for only when pests are in range. It only works for approx. 5000 square feet but I could maybe work wit that, especially if I had 3 or 4 of them.

That's the problem with pellet guns (I already have two) the dogs show up at night or during the day while we aren't here.

I like your idea TB, but I won't step foot on that phsycho-bitches property, I have already committed myself to flinging her dog's crap onto her property with a shovel (across the road), maybe I should write the note and wrap it around a rock. :lol:

Your solution with the ultrasonic 'thang sounds good. Pun intended.

I hate to see dogs being punished because their owners are buttholes and don't control them.

Screw that bitch for not being a proper owner of her pets.

Dogs shouldn't have to suffer from BS from bad owners.

Next time I'm in the PNW I'll pm you and you can give me her address so I can personally drop a deuce on her porch.

Back