• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2014 Glog

So I've started my grow a couple of weeks ago, 28th of January. I use the same setup as previous seasons, 2x 125watt CFL 6400K lights, black/white foil. First round were the Chinense, about 22 different varieties, mostly superhots and hots. Almost everything germinated within a week and with a total germ rate of 92% I was pretty pleased. I potted them up last week and they quickly showed new growth again. Well enough talk, this is what the plants looked like yesterday, 10 days after transplant and almost 4 weeks from start date.

IMAG3823_.jpg

IMAG3824_.jpg

Devil’s Tongue White (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3825.jpg

This one is a beast, very rapid growth, big leaves and already branching out? Georgia Black (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3828.jpg

IMAG3829.jpg

This season I'm growing out a couple of crosses from friends like Gary/Nagabrain Chocolate F-2, Mike/Elysium Oxide Bonnet and Jamie/Green Hornet F-2. Also some phenotypes that showed up at John's garden, 7 Pot Peach F-2 and 7 Pot Caramel F-2. Of course I'm also growing my own discovery from last season, Pimenta Lisa F-2. Got 2 seedlings going, one has the desired traits so far and the other one is green as grass. Looking forward to growing both out!

Last weekend I started up the second round, mostly Annuum and some Chinense I got in trades these last few weeks. Today the the first ones sprouted after merely 3 days and even Chinense! Well that's it for now, thanks for keeping up so far :D

What did you mist them with?  Liquid Seaweed?

And a cautionary word... have your insecticide ready for when they come. ;)   And apply it properly. 

romy6 said:
 Plants look spot on beautiful Stefan. Looking forward to following your grow again . Best of luck my friend  :fireball:
Thanks, Jamie  :cheers: Can't wait to see what your Green Hornet will produce, maybe there will be some color variation since it's F2 :)

Devv said:
Plants are happy gals!

Good luck this season Stefan!
Happy plants, happy grower :)

Noah Yates said:
What did you mist them with?  Liquid Seaweed?

And a cautionary word... have your insecticide ready for when they come. ;)   And apply it properly. 
It's a substance your never gonna guess :) not a fertilizer or anything. Let's not talk about that other stuff in here please, that way you curse the plants :(

capsidadburn said:
Beautiful start Stefan!  That Georgia Black from Jason is a beauty!

Best of luck with your season!

Mike
Pretty happy with the results so far, Mike. Your cross is growing good, nice short internodes :)

stickman said:
Good to see you back in the saddle again Stefan! All your pics look excellent as usual. Good luck in 2014!
Thanks for dropping by, Rick. The Annuum from the second round are popping and already looking at a +60% germ rate :)

Noah Yates said:
Ill bet I can take a guess at what it is you are spraying them with... is it dihydrogen monoxide?  If so... beware that stuff is extremely dangerous... take some time to inform yourself before using it: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Nope it isn't, it's Aspirin to improve their immune system.

PIC 1 said:
Stefan your plants are picture perfect !

capsidadburn said:
Agreed!  + 1 on beauty!
Thanks, guys. Both have a great weekend!

Are you certain that the acetylsalicylic acid solution does not also contian hydric acid (or dihydrogen monoxide by another name)?  Use caution.

Did you take the time to read the literature on this highly controversial substance?

Scarecrw said:
Nice mugshots. Those pink tigers look to have a nice ornamental value as well. Do the leaves stay that color or will they turn green.
Good luck in 2014.
That was actually the biggest reason for me to grow it because of it's ornamental value. They should stay dark but I don't know which F stage it is in, I suspect this is a F-2 or F-3 since we hadn't heard from it before. So my hopes are low to get the same traits as the mother plant.

Noah Yates said:
Are you certain that the acetylsalicylic acid solution does not also contian hydric acid (or dihydrogen monoxide by another name)?  Use caution.

Did you take the time to read the literature on this highly controversial substance?
Not certain but I only use it when they are seedlings, once they have grown bigger I don't use it anymore and also in a small dose. Thanks for your concern.

Dude... just please humor* me and taske a look at this link about dihydrogen monoxide: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Lol... I dont want you to think im being a critic of your grow so I guess Ill let you in on the joke... ;)

dihydrogen monoxide, hydric acid, hydrogen hydroxide, hydronium hydroxide, dihydrogen oxide

two hydrogen cations.... one oxygen anion

H2(2+) + O(2-) ---> H2O

H2O

Water

:rofl:

Back