• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2014 Grow Log

It’s time for the 2014 Chile Pepper Grow Log!  This year, I’ve decided to go with the “normal” F1 Superchiles.  It has been a ton of fun growing from my own saved Superchile seeds year after year, but last season I had too many “runty” plants that did not produce well.  I’m of course keeping all of my seeds.  I’m also going to sprout a few Aji Cereza’s.  These are from Peter Merle:

http://thehotpepper.com/user/6297-semillas/

It's a little early, but I may plant out early—So I started sprouting Pepper seeds for the 2014 season:

2 - Superchile
1  -Lemon Drop

No pictures of clay pots with soil until the seeds sprout.

Hope you have a great grow year. I'm also from NY and fighting these cold temps and low germination rates of the seeds I bought, the ones I bought from Home Depot have been 90-100%. Transplanting some seedlings this weekend and starting another 72 cell tray. Last year I had a very good one. 

I deleted the last post as it belongs in the 2013 Grow Log. 

I just started five more Superchiles and one Aji Cereza for the 2014 season.

Devv said:
So you're confusing me (quite easily done you know) just which glog am I to follow?
I hope you can enjoy following both glogs!

I wonder if I have set a THP record by having more than one year's glog active at the same time.

When 2014 started, I was wondering whether some etiquette demanded I immediately start a new 2014 glog for the new year, but as plants that I had started from seed in 2013 were still producing peppers, I decided to keep the original going.  Then, as I was close to sowing the seeds for the 2014 season, I started a new one. 

I should have some sprouts in a week or so to show off in the new glog. 

I just started three more Superchiles.

We have the first sprout of the season—One of the Superchiles that I sowed on 03/05 just popped its head out!

Back