•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards ACCEPTING ENTRIES!

Photo

Pepper People are the Best

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#21 standbyandfire

standbyandfire

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thats good stuff man, Chili brothers helping chili brothers. When i see this happen to good people it makes my day that much better.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 Smitty

Smitty

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • aka:SMITTY

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thats good stuff man, Chili brothers helping chili brothers. When i see this happen to good people it makes my day that much better.

YAH MAN YOU MADE MY DAY FOR SURE(STANDBYANDFIRE) Posted ImageHOOKED IT UP:-)

Edited by Smitty, 07 September 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#23 patrick

patrick

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Glad to see others showing some of the great pepper folks around here. Anyone and everyone is welcome to brag up their buddies.

Thought I would let you guys know what I did with some of the peppers I got from the first friend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This came out to just short of four ounces. Almost a quarter pound of some of the hottest powder on the planet. And I sincerely believe that is the truth.

Stay tuned to see what happens with the second batch.
Patrick
My other hobby
is Tarantulas

#24 DawgBite

DawgBite

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

That powder looks amazing. Nice job!!
Here in the south we don't hide crazy, we parade them on the porch and give them a cocktail.

#25 patrick

patrick

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Thanks Dawg! You can see little bits of white which are the seeds. I worked hard at removing them but there are always a few that manage to make it through. The key to a fine powder is making sure the peppers are absolutely dry.

I tried a small bit of this and I'm telling you it is almost pure misery. There is a short fruity/citrussy flavor up front then it just starts to hurt. It doesn't spare any part of the mouth either. Freaking lips went numb. I hate that part.

Powder is such a pain too. No matter how careful you are it gets everywhere. I'm about ready to start doing this outside wearing a dang hazmat suit. I used a respirator and all around my face that it didn't protect burns. This morning I picked up the container to move it then for some reason I rubbed the outside of my mouth. Crap.
Patrick
My other hobby
is Tarantulas

#26 romy6

romy6

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Speaking of pepper love. What is the saying. Give and you shall recieve. Got two packages last night. One from Shane( stc3248) . Almost a pound of peppers !!!! And some tasty powder cause I am the powder junky :fireball:

Posted Image

And then Rick ( stickman ) send me some of his Gochu power. Pods, powder, and seeds. Life is good. If you guys need me I will be at the grill smoking some up :dance:
Posted Image

Mailbox was almost burned to a crisp. Have I mentioned how much I love this site. And Patrick you are a key ingredient :party:
Jamie :cheers:

#27 patrick

patrick

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Way to pass on the kudo's Jamie. I'll take a little teeny tiny smidgeon of the credit but that's all. I was just following the lead the rest of the folks around here started.
Patrick
My other hobby
is Tarantulas

#28 KiNGDeNNiZ

KiNGDeNNiZ

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts
  • aka:KiNGDeNNiZ

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yes pepper people are the best. This is what I did with a few of Vincent's fataliis
Posted Image

Disappointed my 60 plants can't produce as much as I expected. But the generosity of others here rock!!

#29 Habanero Fellow

Habanero Fellow

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

I don't have any Super Hots this year. But if anyone's in need of some habaneroes drop me a PM.
Art the Habanero Fellow ((((in Transition?))))

#30 wildseed57

wildseed57

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Nice looking Puree you got there, it would make some killer Kim Chi, and just when you least suspect it Bam! another good deed by a Chili head. Once again pepper people are the best, too bad the government doesn't work that way.
George W.

#31 Pr0digal_son

Pr0digal_son

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Brian aka Justaguy!!
Posted Image

I know there are more packages being sent around by folks. Nobody is doing this for the glamour,but we should still show them some love. Don't let this thread die off!

#32 Martian13

Martian13

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

That is an amazing package.

#33 KiNGDeNNiZ

KiNGDeNNiZ

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

i dont think he's a THP member but deng... watch and see how many boxes hes GIVEN away/..

#34 Habanero Fellow

Habanero Fellow

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Posted Image

I would like to thank all of the chili heads that have contributed to my seed collection. Either from giving me free seeds, trading with me or giving me free pods. I feel that I am going to be very busy when germination time comes.

Thanks again everyone!!

Edited by Habanero Fellow, 24 September 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Art the Habanero Fellow ((((in Transition?))))

#35 Rawkstah

Rawkstah

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

This is a little late, but better late than never. Big thanks to the Rhode Island Dave's (Rhody and ridavid) for introducing me to super hots this year. I am sickly addicted to adding hot peppers to desserts now. Bhut brownies are happening most likely tomorrow. Here's what ridavid sent me a couple weeks ago:
Posted Image
Seeds to be shared soon!

#36 RubItIn

RubItIn

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

I have only been on this website for a few weeks. In that short amount of time my pepper network, and knowledge, has expanded 10 fold. Great folks!

When I posted in the Welcome page, Pepperproblem noted he was in the same area and offered up some chiles. I did not have much to trade and he still hooked me up with this awesome plate, some of which I had never heard of.

Posted Image

and now there is even more on the way. patiently plotting a way to give back..... :party:

#37 KiNGDeNNiZ

KiNGDeNNiZ

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

thanks romy... your powders are always excellent... i dont ever toss the sasbe.. because that alone i love to smell.....

Posted Image

thanks Ken for the GOODNESS...

Posted Image

to rick and rich... thanks.. i am a seed whore with 2 more varities to grow...

Edited by KiNGDeNNiZ, 24 September 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#38 Justaguy

Justaguy

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts
  • aka:JAG and Knepper's Peppers

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thanks Brian aka Justaguy!!

Glad you liked them.
www.KneppersPeppers.com Hot Sauce
Taste the Flavor, Feel the Heat

#39 LexaRae

LexaRae

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

This is most certainly the best thread on TheHotPepper.com! I too have experience wonderful amounts of generosity from fellow pepper heads on here. I can say not only has everyone been so sharing and helpful, you all have taught me SO much about peppers overall! I mean seriously...I didnt even know anything about supers and never had tried one until I came here :)
Its because of you guys that im so excited about next years growing season! To name a few...

Posted ImageThank you to Pr0digal_son!
Posted ImageMuskymojo :)

Posted ImageAnd the Biz (For the assam pods and plant, and fatalii!) :D

And a HUGE Thanks to everyone else! You guys have made my time in Louisiana and my growing season epic!

#40 KiNGDeNNiZ

KiNGDeNNiZ

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

thanks melissa77754
Posted Image

will try them all out and try to review MR POTs two hot sauces

0 user(s) are reading this topic