• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests INDOOR Insecticide Aphids, Gnats etc. NO BEES were HURT!!

[SIZE=16pt]I only use this stuff INDOORS and when nothing else works and it is safe in the veg state. [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] http://www.nufarm.com/USTO/Malletr2FTO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Mallet 2F T&O Insecticide is a liquid concentrate containing imidacloprid for the control of insect pests in nearly all residential and commercial settings. Mallet 2F T&O is a neonicotinoid insecticide with long-lasting, residual control with proven performance on key pests such as aphids,white grubs, weevils and cutworms in turf plus aphids, mealybugs, leafminers , thrips and any soft body piercing insect in ornamentals.

And according to the manufacture/FDA it is approved and safe for veggies http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld9I1002.pdf
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I am not the only person who uses this product they manufacture. They don't just make it for ME! So before you start attacking me,  think about the commercial side of food. It is used on lettuce,broccoli and many other veggies. I only use this under 8 weeks old INSIDE where there are no bees, etc and when nothing, and I mean nothing else works. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Once again this is just general information. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]USE or DON'T use but don't troll and bad mouth me. It's only information and I don't manufacture it or have any stock in it.[/SIZE]

biscgolf said:
does not work on spider mites according to the factsheet from the National Pesticide Information Center. also is hard on bees, lacewings, and earthworms- nasty stuff. no way would i use it.

I have no bees, lacewings or earthworms in my inside grow...and I only have to use it 1 time and it gets rid of all soft body bugs. If you had to throw away 1600 plants I bet you wouldn't think twice about using it.

Geonerd said:
Veggie safe?  What happens when you eat a pepper full of this stuff?  :confused:

They use it on commercial Fruit trees and commercial food.....I only use it 1 time during veg and it goes away. Do you own research I only posted because I couldn't kill ROOT Aphids with Neem,  Pyrethrum spray, H202, or any other THP method. I went to a local Greenhouse and asked what they used and they went to my local grow store and he had it on the shelf. This is a FYI only use whatever you want but I have tried it all and this kills completely. After throwing 1600 plants away after fighting aphis for 8 weeks this is now my go to spray.

biscgolf said:
does not work on spider mites according to the factsheet from the National Pesticide Information Center. also is hard on bees, lacewings, and earthworms- nasty stuff. no way would i use it.
spider mites are a bitch to get rid of. 

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:

I have no bees, lacewings or earthworms in my inside grow...and I only have to use it 1 time and it gets rid of all soft body bugs. If you had to throw away 1600 plants I bet you wouldn't think twice about using it.

i grow for a living and stand by my previous statement. 

biscgolf said:
i grow for a living and stand by my previous statement. 

And I stand by my statement this stuff works and is safe, And according to the manufacture it is safe for veggies all veggies and most and most commercial growers use it so even if you don't use it if you buy food you use it http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld9I1002.pdf and if you don't like it don't use it. I am a Vegan because I won't eat all the crappy commercial , steroid, antibotic filled meat.

Well of course the manufacturer is going to say its safe.
It would be hard to sell if you say its unsafe.

Do you own research I only posted because I couldn't kill ROOT Aphids with Neem,  Pyrethrum spray, H202, or any other THP method.
What Neem did you use and how?
You need high quality Neem cake in your soil mix.
If you are growing DWC then I can't help you there.

This was just to inform others that there are other ways not to say what is or isn't better or what you should or shouldn't use. Nothing worked for me but this mix. I don't work for the manufacture but it worked for me. Ford or Chevy? Harley or Honda? Light Beer or Dark Beer? Hot or Cold? Meat or Vegan? In the end it's all about Choice and this is just another choice. All insects build up an immunity and this is just another weapon against them.....

Just because they say it's safe, doesn't mean crap. They said asbestos was safe too. I'll stick with Organics till I can't deal with the pest.

I don't trust synthetics. Time will tell. If you grow 3 eyes don't blame me. Anything that kills bees should be used very cautiously. Without bees we don't eat.

They use it on commercial Fruit trees and commercial food.....I only use it 1 time during veg and it goes away. Do you own research I only posted because I couldn't kill ROOT Aphids with Neem,  Pyrethrum spray, H202, or any other THP method. I went to a local Greenhouse and asked what they used and they went to my local grow store and he had it on the shelf. This is a FYI only use whatever you want but I have tried it all and this kills completely. After throwing 1600 plants away after fighting aphis for 8 weeks this is now my go to spray.

I did quickly glance at the product sheet.  I recall it mentioning a ~30 day in-soil half-life.  That means that once you dose the plant, you _will_ be eating the stuff along with your tasty (bug-free!) peppers.  I'm not the type to get all wigged out over a few stray alpha particles, a few milligrams of Hg from a broken CFL, etc., but do stand behind my inquiry, "Is it safe?"  As suggested, the manufacturer is obviously going to spin any potential health problems as trivial, and the FDA has been bought and paid for long ago so they're unlikely to do anything until people start going belly-up en-mass.

Please let us know if you develop a sudden urge to lay on your back and stick your arms and legs up in the air.  :P

You know what you guys are right. This world wide manufacture only makes this product for me and I am the only one using it.....NO Commercial farmer uses it and it is never used on any of your food. USE it, Don't Use it but stop posting negative crap in here when none of you have done any research and all I did was post another method for getting rid of INDOOR BUGS! Pretty bad when members become trolls.....

Geonerd said:

I did quickly glance at the product sheet.  I recall it mentioning a ~30 day in-soil half-life.  That means that once you dose the plant, you _will_ be eating the stuff along with your tasty (bug-free!) peppers.  I'm not the type to get all wigged out over a few stray alpha particles, a few milligrams of Hg from a broken CFL, etc., but do stand behind my inquiry, "Is it safe?"  As suggested, the manufacturer is obviously going to spin any potential health problems as trivial, and the FDA has been bought and paid for long ago so they're unlikely to do anything until people start going belly-up en-mass.

Please let us know if you develop a sudden urge to lay on your back and stick your arms and legs up in the air.  :P

WOW for a first time grower your good...takes me 100 days to get fruit on my plants and you can get it in 30 days?

You know, nature has a way of keeping things in balance. I don't like all the flies and stuff, but they are necessary for my compost pile. I understand you wanting to rid the pest. I just try to start with the least harmful stuff and work up from there. There are also some bacterias you can get that will digest soft pest. I have seen them in specialty stores as green. Have you tried dusting the soil with Diatomatoius Earth. Works good on a lot of bugs?

You know what you guys are right. This world wide manufacture only makes this product for me and I am the only one using it.....NO Commercial farmer uses it and it is never used on any of your food. USE it, Don't Use it but stop posting negative crap in here when none of you have done any research and all I did was post another method for getting rid of INDOOR BUGS! Pretty bad when members become trolls.....

WOW for a first time grower your good...takes me 100 days to get fruit on my plants and you can get it in 30 days?

30 day half life.  "Do some research."  ;)

So just don't use it people

I won't use DE indoors as I've worked with it for years and is very bad for your lungs but i don't mind that somebody posted it as an option...

Back