• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Defcon 2/ wing review

I'm a little behind on my sauce reviews and waited for two batches of wings before reviewing.
I did an egg and butter wash and breaded with a spiced flour mix before deep frying until crispy golden brown, then put in oven at 450 for 15 mins. Inserted wings in glass bowl and covered with DC #2 and coated wings, devoured shortly after.
I plan to try the plain wing fry(as seen step by step as DC sight) but man, the crunch with that sauce is wonderful!
That is what wing sauce is supposed to be like. Not a vinegar overpowerment taste like at any chain restaraunt that boasts the best buffalo wings, but a great flavor combo that makes you want more.
I give it a three on heat(could be more, but I used sparingly to get another batch out of it).
And a ten on wing sauce flavor, A well deserved scovie in my book.

Marv

ps, Thanks to Kato Production for another great choice of sauce to distribute

Hey DC,
I guess the next is DC#1.
PM me if there is a bottle available, I hear your stock is going fast.
I would like to try the next level.
Marv

Playoff Football on (looking for the Jet game, not sure what channel it's on :lol: ), thought i'd drink some beer and eat some wings. I had ordered the complete set of DEFCON SAUCES for my collection - not to use, but just put on the shelf (I ordered backups but there not here yet).

Well, the temptation was too great, I had to break open the DEFCON and see what it was like. Started with the DEFCON 2, after all, it was the scovie winner. Let me say that this was was a very good sauce! Not as spicy as I would like, but definitely very flavorful. So, one bottle down out of four, but still needed more heat. So, had to break open the DECON 1. Poured it right on the the wings with the DEFCON 2 on it. Brough the heat up considerable (not burning hot, but a very flavorful sauce with a nice kick). Chopped up some jalapenos and it made for one of the best wings i've made.

Although not what I consider hot (more medium on my scale, but then again I don't think I have any taste buds left :) ) but very good. My good friend and my brother had them and thought that they were fantastic, and "very" hot for them (my friends wife tried one and thought we were nuts!). Definitely my best batch of wings i've made.

I was tempted to open the DEFCON ZERO to try "and kick it up a notch", but I am waiting for my new bottle - I want to keep the bottle with the lowest number for my collection (I guess that means there will only be 22 unopened bottles). Hope to try it on wings for my wife's cocktail party next weekend (BTW creator, you are cordially invited of course, it's only 80 miles away).

I will update everyone on what I find out. But this is defintely some good wing sauce and should be tried by all!!!!!!!!

-=john=-

Back