• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

1 Day Germination

Equipment:
2x Rapid Rooter Tray + Plugs
2x Heat Mat
2x Humidity Dome
Heat Mat Thermostat

I double planted 100 Rapid Rooter plugs on 3/3/2014 (6:00 pm) when my seeds came in the mail from Seed Savers and Park Seed. On 3/4/2014, I went to look at the trays when I got home from work (5:30 pm) and saw that several cucumber seeds had already sprouted.

Everyone I've talked to keeps telling me this is impossible. Has anyone here ever experience this?

The seeds that sprouted:
Seed Savers - Holland White Cucumber
Park Seed - Sweet Success Hybrid
Park Seed - All-Season Burpless Hybrid

ArkansasJack said:
i have sprouted been seeds in under 24 hours so it is possible..................................
I have had tomato seeds sprout in under 24 hours on a heat mat, in a dome...

I wasn't expecting this good of a germination rate either. I put 2 seeds in each Rapid Rooter. I might try to take tweezers and take one of the seeds out and replant it. 

I've had a few milder chilies show a root the same day - litterally single digit number of hours after I put them on paper. That's very unusual for me though. Tomatoes are generally the fastest thing I've dealt with. 1-2 days isn't unusual.

My seeds are going on 9 days.

jungrow_zps2b547d72.gif

Back