• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My First Year Growing!

Hello, ,my name is Max and I am from Florida. This is going to be my first year growing super hot peppers. ( I had like 2 sweet pepper plants that failed ).
First I'd like to the The Brain Strain Pepper Head for hooking me up with most of these seeds.
Today I have started to germinate the seeds in a Burpee germination kit, with the given pellets.
I have a couple questions and I hope you guys can help.
- should these be in the dark or light till they sprout.
- when they sprout, what kind of light do they need. I have a Coralife 10,000k bulb with 17W I used for a different project but would that work and for long would it work.
- what is the recommended next pot size, I have heard a solo cup or 1 gallon

:dance:  Thank you so much for viewing and please leave feedback because I am a beginner! :dance:

Well they need no light until they sprout then you can turn on the light. The 10k bulb will work but being only 17 watts with that many seedlings you will need more light within the second or third week. You can use solo cups until you move them outdoors. Just remember keep the soil moist not wet and get a fan to blow over the seedlings. The fan will make them grow strong stems.

rebelgrower3 said:
. You can use solo cups until you move them outdoors. Just remember keep the soil moist not wet and get a fan to blow over the seedlings. The fan will make them grow strong stems.

Okay, I will definitely try out the solo cups. What kind of soil should I use for the cups. And when I move them into bigger pots what soil should I use then.
I really only have access to owes or home depot

maxdantonio3 said:
- should these be in the dark or light till they sprout.
- when they sprout, what kind of light do they need. I have a Coralife 10,000k bulb with 17W I used for a different project but would that work and for long would it work.
- what is the recommended next pot size, I have heard a solo cup or 1 gallon

1. doesn't matter, i put them inside entertainment center cabinet where it's warm and dark.
2. how many are you growing? you will probably need more light than a 17w bulb.
3. solo cup, 3.5inch nursery pot (same size just one is square and fits in trays better)

At the moment i have 6 seeds that have already sprouted.. Is an 8W 6700k bulb sufficient? My box is 35x22x22cm and i covered the inside with aluminium foil. My aji limon's leaves are curling down and all of them have this tinge of yellow at the tips of leaves.

Back