• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Three Cotyledons

I had a couple primos sprout with 3 cotys and the first sets of leaves came out kinda twisted and half dead. Almost like only half the leaf grew out.

I had 3 yellow Trinidad scorpions do that this year. One appears to have branched into three rather than the standard fork between the cotyledons.

Had a bubblegum 7 pot do that this year, first one out of about 100 sprouts over the few years I been growing. Also have a cayenne that looked like it tried to split into 3 at the first branching but two of them fused together.

thirdcoasttx said:
I had a couple primos sprout with 3 cotys and the first sets of leaves came out kinda twisted and half dead. Almost like only half the leaf grew out.
I have a Primo that has been looking weird like that too, it's doing a lot better now though.  It was almost like its first set of leaves was only one leaf and it curled up inside of itself, the cotys were fine and looked normal though.  It was actually my first chinense to spread wings this year :mouthonfire:

I'll see your triple cotyledons and raise you a quadruple (2 conjoined and 2 separate):

2014-03-12%2007.58.09.jpg

Back