• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Carolina Reaper and Joe

I just had to laugh.... Joe go sell some more orange habs, get a life and read a law book. The only thing you have exclusive rights to is being a jackasss

JoeLawyer.jpg

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have a contract with Ed Currie to grow Reapers?

Ah, gotcha :) I thought it was all part and parcel, that by growing them for Ed, you could sell items related to them on his behalf as well...

Not only that, I just checked, and a certain other member who shall not be named is not only selling seeds, but fresh and dried Reapers, and I don't recall him having any kind of a contract with Ed or anyone associated with him for Reapers and/or Reaper-based products....

Yea i know who your talking about. Hes Joes grower. Joe wants to threaten others all while his grower is selling the same thing. How many forms of stupid can one person be?

This is all just damn confusing, and as much as I give props and respect to Ed for going through the immense trouble and expense of developing the hottest pepper in the world, and reaping the rewards of it (no pun intended), I just don't understand why in the case of just the Reaper all of a sudden, there's stuff like this happening, I have yet to see anything even remotely close to this for the Butch T, the TS Moruga, or any other superhot or the former world record holders... And I totally get that people wanna get their money's worth out of work, but I'm sure the people who did all the previous record holders have almost certainly gotten their money back and then some from creating their pepper, and none of them had to get lawyers involved like this... Maybe that's just me...

And I've said it before, I have nothing personal against Joe. This is all just damn confusing...

I didn't mean to allude it was Ed himself that was doing or prompting these things, but still, for anyone to doing this for peppers is just baffling to me, since if a cease and desist like this had any weight to it (I'm not even close to a lawyer so I'm just guessing), I can guarantee you that virtually all the people on here who've sold anything will be forced to stop....

elcap1999 said:
I didn't mean to allude it was Ed himself that was doing or prompting these things, but still, for anyone to doing this for peppers is just baffling to me, since if a cease and desist like this had any weight to it (I'm not even close to a lawyer so I'm just guessing), I can guarantee you that virtually all the people on here who've sold anything will be forced to stop....

Joe has ZERO power to tell anyone anything about the reaper. NONE

I haven't seen anything like that either, PrimeTime, either the method it was sent or a Cease & Desist for selling peppers (and products based on them) he has a contract to grow directly from the man who developed the pepper. I had to deal with a legal issue back in late '07, and it was my own lawyer who gave me scanned copies of all my legal paperwork, but she filed them herself and all the official legal stuff was sent out as a paper copy.

And like I mentioned before, if this sort of thing has any teeth to it, it would set a dangerous precedent, and I know several growers on here who've almost certainly put years and tens of thousands of dollars into growing superhots, and they'd have to stop all growing. As unlikely as it is for people like Butch Traylor and others to do so since insofar as I've known, they've freely given permission and such to grow their superhots to the masses, if this can succeed, what's to stop any of them from suddenly sending out Cease & Desist orders to people, telling them to stop sales of peppers & related items.

Better get that switch stamped and certified :) (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Back