• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Sriracha Sauce

I at least double this, and it is even better if you ferment the peppers before you make the sauce.

Sriracha

1/2 pound red ripe chilis, chopped in a food processor or food chopper.  Seeds removed, if desired.
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup distilled white vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar

Bring all ingredients to a boil then reduce and simmer 20-30 minutes. Blend and then bring to a good simmer and bottle as desired.

Yummy

1265953_658125854221144_431091199_o.jpg

I'm tired of this hipster shit. The sauce is loaded with preservatives. It is sub-par. And it is beloved by hipsters because they think it's some weird import they discovered because they're fooled by the Thai characters. This sauce is BS. Enjoy if you like chemicals.

The Hot Pepper said:
I'm tired of this hipster shit. The sauce is loaded with preservatives. It is sub-par. And it is beloved by hipsters because they think it's some weird import they discovered because they're fooled by the Thai characters. This sauce is BS. Enjoy if you like chemicals.
I agree...
What do you really think. No need to sugar coat it.

I was using Huy Fong Sriracha  back in the 80's when I first came upon it at The Burger Stop in Anchorage, AK, my favorite burger 

joint on the corner of Spenard and Benson.

It was good then and its good now.

Call me a hipster.

I don't care.

texas blues said:
I was using Huy Fong Sriracha  back in the 80's when I first came upon it at The Burger Stop in Anchorage, AK, my favorite burger 

joint on the corner of Spenard and Benson.

It was good then and its good now.

Call me a hipster.

I don't care.
+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxajLWwzqY

Back