• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Rock wool vs Jiffy indoor starting CFL- Multi strains

Thought I would start my first glog. 2nd year with peppers, this time I'm ready to share and hopefully get some constructive criticism along the way.
I have 4 strains, all procured from fatalii.net. Varities are Aji Fantasy, Cherio Roxa, Bolivian Rainbow and Naga Morich. I ordered a bunch more but I thought this would be a fun mix, started 16 seeds, with 2 in each bolivian with the plans to bonchi them later on. 4 were started with Jiffy pucks the rest with Rockwool.
I think I will start with Jiffy from now on, they need less nutrients at the start to get a good root system and I am going for minimal nutes. All organic when I do use them and so far it's only bone meal.
I've got a 2x2x4 Secret Jardin DS60, 200W, 6400K CFL under a 18" winged reflector. Homemade extractor fan made with a computer fan I had kicking around works amazingly well. Temps are steady around 75, with 40ish% humidity all day. I think it's cooling off quite a bit at night, most of my peppers are a nice shade of purple.
From front to back we have the Aji, then Cheiro, Bolivian, then the Morich in the back. These pics were a while ago, seeds were planted JAN 31st
Let me know what you think

-C

Heres some from today

That grow tent must be a TARDIS if you planted those seeds on March 31!

It's good to see another Canadian Glog.

Best of luck with your grow.

Back