• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

THE ZERO IS SOLD OUT!

Ok folks, there is no more of the ZERO batch #1, we sold the last bottle this morning. The next batch of ZERO (#2) should be coming out around March. We will probably offer it at the Fiery Foods show in NM first. The packaging will be very cool, in addition to the bottle. Stay tuned. If you need a bottle of batch #1, talk amongst yourselves or check Ebay. As I have told a few of you guys, bottle #101 is on my shelf and is not for sale. I thank everyone for their curiosity into our special product.

John & Maggie

DEFCON Creator said:
Ok folks, there is no more of the ZERO batch #1, we sold the last bottle this morning. The next batch of ZERO (#2) should be coming out around March. We will probably offer it at the Fiery Foods show in NM first. The packaging will be very cool, in addition to the bottle. Stay tuned. If you need a bottle of batch #1, talk amongst yourselves or check Ebay. As I have told a few of you guys, bottle #101 is on my shelf and is not for sale. I thank everyone for their curiosity into our special product.

John & Maggie

How many were made? I got number 18 I believe.

Hmmm...March is a long time to wait. I think there's a good chance #123 will be obliterated by then. It is quickly becoming a daily addition to everything from straight on tortilla chips (who needs salsa when you've got Zero?) to kicking the hell out of spicy mustard on chinese take out.

I'll have to be very diciplined and patient to keep my greedy paws from opening #107. But I'll try to keep that on my shelf.

There were 23 bottles made. We have been able to tweak our process a bit, and should come out with about 50 on the next batch. With each batch, the packaging will be different, VERY different, so stay tuned. Once again, I'd like to thank you all for your interest.

I just read the reveiw by John on hotsauceblog. Great job!
I have a question. I understand that alot of extracts are keytone based. Is this type of keytone related to MEK? If so, in what way is it related?

The ketone process is quite common in extracts. Without putting everyone to sleep I'll try to put as briefly as possible. Ketones put the capsaicin in solution, but leave behind the sugar, which is a large part of any pepper. The ketones are then separated from the capsaicin with very expensive lab equipment, otherwise you'd probably go blind or die from the ingestion of the stuff. Personally, I really don't want ot eat anything made with derivatives of toluol, acetone, xylene, etc. I'd rather save that stuff for removing paint off of furniture. Since there is a near atomic bond between sugar and capsaicin, our method removes some of the sugar, but not all, hence the CLEAN color and taste. Not to mention the use of NO electrical machines in any way, shape or form. As for Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone, nothing would surprise me. But considering it's an additive in gasoline, if you find a pepper extract made from it, keep it in the trunk of your car in case you run out of petrol. :lol:

I am definitely glad to hear I got the last bottle. Can't wait to get it all in the mail. Now I have a dilemma since I couldnt get two. Eat or collect? Just how tasty is this ZERO?! Ketones don't scare me :lol:

DEFCON Creator said:
The ketone process is quite common in extracts. Without putting everyone to sleep I'll try to put as briefly as possible. Ketones put the capsaicin in solution, but leave behind the sugar, which is a large part of any pepper. The ketones are then separated from the capsaicin with very expensive lab equipment, otherwise you'd probably go blind or die from the ingestion of the stuff. Personally, I really don't want ot eat anything made with derivatives of toluol, acetone, xylene, etc. I'd rather save that stuff for removing paint off of furniture. Since there is a near atomic bond between sugar and capsaicin, our method removes some of the sugar, but not all, hence the CLEAN color and taste. Not to mention the use of NO electrical machines in any way, shape or form. As for Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone, nothing would surprise me. But considering it's an additive in gasoline, if you find a pepper extract made from it, keep it in the trunk of your car in case you run out of petrol. :D

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was almost afraid to ask...like they say, there's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people asking questions! :lol:
BTW- #117 is here safe and sound on my desk. My wife suggested that I make a shadow box and hang it on the wall. Not a bad idea...

Personally, I really don't want ot eat anything made with derivatives of toluol, acetone, xylene, etc. I'd rather save that stuff for removing paint off of furniture. Since there is a near atomic bond between sugar and capsaicin, our method removes some of the sugar, but not all, hence the CLEAN color and taste.

Well, yours failed as a tile remover, though cleaning it up did clean the floor nicely. Wife broke a 4oz. bottle of #1 the other day. :x :( :x :(

Back to zero, My bottle is brownish, almost clear, no number. Was it the prototype, pre-numbered series? :)

Yes Tinner,
You have one of the dare I say, few brown prototypes, that, for the most part, were exclusively given out on this board. It seems the ZERO has become somewhat of a cult hit, kinda cool. Please don't tell me I'll see the bottle on Ebay, I'd prefer you use it, enjoy it, and...When you're done with it, perhaps I'll sign it and reseal it. No guarantees, but the Creator does his best. :)

Back