• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sophomore grow 2014

I will try to keep this updated once a week.My first season was a lot of trial and error.If I had a problem I came directly to the HP for advice to solve plant issues and what to do with the pods harvested,for that I thank you all.I still was not confident I could start from seeds so along with the plants in my closet I will be getting a few from Chillyplants.They sent some very very healthy peppers to me last spring.I also overwintered 6 plants from 2013,3 went to pepper Heaven.
   From my seeds'
    7-pots
   Yellow Moruga
    Red moruga
   Trinidad Scorps
  Choco Ghost
    Live Plants from Chillies
   Red Brain Strain
   Jays Red Ghost Scorp
Naga Morich
 Eds Reapers
Tabasco
Siling Labuyo
Malaqueta
View attachment 10096
View attachment 10097
View attachment 10098
View attachment 10099
  Could not close 2013 without showing my wall of shame,or fame.We will find out when all my fermenting jars get turned into sauce. ;)

Thanks Rym,my daughter said I needed a something to do since she headed off to college.And growing tomatoes was not complicated enough. :lol:

Cold front coming thru,I still use the heating mat to keep the plants warm and cozy.Couple more weeks before we start getting any warm up that will stick.Had to put in one pic from my last harvest to keep me motivated.Never done a b\glog before,but I have been known to talk to myself on occasion so this should be fun. ;)  View attachment 10193 View attachment 10194 View attachment 10195 View attachment 10196 View attachment 10197 View attachment 10198 View attachment 10199 sorry my camera sucs.

I turned the seed-mat off  on Monday,the temps in the cups are holding at 70.I did not plant very deep in my solo's and am getting antsy on having to up-pot again before I plant out in 6 weeks.I want to go into the fiber pots,but cant keep 25 of them in the house for a month.if I see the roots circling I will make the move.My overwinters are awake and getting healthier after I tried my best to kill them.Some pics are blurry,have a beer and it should balance your eyes out.
View attachment 10337
View attachment 10338
View attachment 10339
View attachment 10340
View attachment 10341
View attachment 10342
View attachment 10343
View attachment 10344
View attachment 10345

Went outside to play,the boxes are stackable crates our parts at work come in.They will be perfect once I lay strips of ground cover and place two 7 gallon fiber in each.Also under the tarp is my top soil and potting mix I will be using with some sand included.The tractor tire is going to be perfect for my overwinters.I also have what I will be using as mulch beside the tire so the spring rains can run thru it.I rake it once a week.One more thing,I would rather crawl naked thru broken glass then paint. :confused:
View attachment 10453
View attachment 10454
View attachment 10455
View attachment 10456
View attachment 10457

My work for this weekend is done,placed my nylon shade and laid one row of plant holders.I will put in the second row when I get a couple more stackable crates.My plants want to go out and play.NOT YET.It snowed an inch the day before my bday on may 2nd last year.The shade cloth is pulled back on fair weather days and on stormy days I don't have to worry about hail taking them out.They bounce right off.I saw this happen last year it was great. ;)
View attachment 10467
View attachment 10468
View attachment 10469
View attachment 10470
View attachment 10471
View attachment 10472
View attachment 10473

Moved the overwinters outside for awhile,they will now live on my porch until plant-out.(3 weeks).My seedlings are now growing into nice little plants.My battle against gnats continues but I am getting the upper hand.To go with my 28 plants,I have 7 new pepper types coming from Chiliplants the first week of May.I added purple to my list for 2015 after seeing Nigel's baby's.They kick ass,if you have not seen them check out his glog.
View attachment 10573
View attachment 10574
View attachment 10575
View attachment 10576
View attachment 10577
View attachment 10578
View attachment 10579

A wicked start for what looks like a good year ahead, I hope mine look that good at that size :D

DON'T YOU LOVE FUNGUS GNATS?

Getting mild results from Mosquito Dunks, though I was only topdressing and just started leaving them in the reservoirs to muck everything up in there. I hear good things about nematodes.

Welcome my good friend Miquelovic,to what is being re-named the North Pole of All Glogs.Its nice to have a visitor once in awhile,hope ya enjoy your stay. ;)
     The nematodes have been helping,I also separated the overwinters from my babys.The fungus gnats are not fond of my porch temperatures getting down to 50 at night.Matter  of fact they are pissed,to bad so sad.Stick with your dunks and your results should be after a few life cycles of the gnats, one would think.
      I have 3 different lights going for my starts(only because I buy before I research,DUHHhh)So all my babys get rotated under my 150 sodium bulb a couple times a week. Live and learn.
     Cant wait to see some of your grow stuff this season.Thanks for the interest.

I think most noobs on THP are doomed to talk to themselves the first year :D It's all good, I've had years of practice :P

Good idea to start isolating new starts, bit of a face palm there, I'm somewhat limited on area but where there's a will there a way. Thank god I wiped out the mites and thrips before planting any peppers

I gained some area when my last kid headed of to college last fall.Iv'e been eyeballing her bedroom as next years grow room,but I just cant pull the trigger on that one yet.haha

Back